direct x 9.0C problem

justarookie

I installed r-factor and when it was finished i got the direct x 9.0c error. Well i went and looked and i am for a fact running that same direct x .. what do i do to solve the problem?

When installing rfactor and you are prompted to update directx, select YES or OK.

Otherwise, what OS are you using?

Make sure you aren't running XP from Bootcamp on a Mac. Also make sure you have an administrator account.

If you are still getting a directx error, then something is screwy on your system. Perhaps directx is corrupt.

Maybe post a screenshot of the error and the contents of your rFactor folder.

Try this: Start / Run... / dxdiag
Does everything look ok once the dialog has done its walkthrough of the installed drivers? (Step through each tab and look for problems in the Notes section at the bottom)

There's also a "Save all information" button you can use to write the info to a text file. Maybe you could post the contents of it once it's saved?

Hey i dont quite know where to post this and this seemed closest to what im asking,

Im new to the whole rFactor scene and what im trying to do is run the trial now ive downloaded it and im pretty sure my computers fairly up to date with what is needed but what my problem is when i go to start the trail is loads then this window comes up
15oxo42.jpg

Ive looked around for something that might relate and ive downloaded direct x 9.0c and that didnt help.. BUT knowing me and computers im most likely looking far from the right place.

Im running Windows XP

Help would be must appreciated

(By the way could im not up to it with computers just simplify it for me if ya could lol)

Thanks in advance Alec :)

Back