DirectX rFactor Issue

loft1

I bought a few days ago the notebook with the following specs , assembling it on a German site :
Haswell Intel I7- 4800MQ 3.70 | HD 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA III | 8GB DDR3 RAM | AMD Radeon HD 8970M 4096 MB GDDR5 | 15.6 FullHD LED Screen 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate 64Bit

However they are not able to the game .. I tried with rFactor 1 and 2 , but they support DirectX9 , while my video card the DX11.1 , thus obtaining an error message which says: "No Directx 9.0c video adapters found. Contact your video card vendor for updated drivers". Should I download some additional files or libraries ? I've checked all the drivers , but they are updated , downloaded all updates of W7, installed manually Dx9.0c , but there's always the same issue..

I seem to remember this happened to a few laptop series in the past and it was because the machine actually had "dual gpu" as such the onboard video (Intel HDXXXX) and then the extra graphics card (ATI or Nvidia). I seem to remember it was HP laptops that also suffered the problem of which HP had to release a driver/patch to allow the games to use the graphics card rather than the onboard.

Best thing is to contact the laptop manufacturer and see if they have a update available.

Also you can run by pressing ctrl+r then entering dxdiag and press enter. See what directx is reporting the machine has.

edit: example of the issue on HP machines : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...-dedicated-graphics-card-on-a-G6/td-p/1210779

Maybe try to disable the integrated GFX in the Bios (think there is the Intel one in the I7)

Back