Drivers Jumping to first

dv8r

Hi,

Had an issue in league races with a few drivers jumping to first on the standings as soon as they hit the start line on green flag. The car doesnt move up the grid, its as if they have gone 1 lap ahead. One driver seemed to have it only in a specific car, another user had it in a shared car, but only one driver in that shared car had the issue.

After about half a lap or so, the driver either disconects, or has been teleported back to the start line?

Checked the .veh files - all seems correct.

Anyone ever seen this?

Apologies if this is covered already, a redirect would be appreciated.

Yes that is a old cheat if a car in race when go over finish line get first in the standinglist even if they are on place 5 in race the other problems you talk about i have no idea what it that can be ?
Test with another mod if it reacts same.
Look in serversettings if it can be som odd things to chance in the multiplayer.ini or plr file.
I got some problems when i start host servers maxdata per car was on 9999 so when server have over 26 drivers it start kick out drivers aoutomatic so i reduce that in multiplayer list to 128 kbits and it is fine now .

The placings tend to go a bit haywire on certain tracks, but also when the server is struggling a bit or there's just a lot of lag. The fact the drivers in question were either disconnected or warped back to the start line (another sign of bad lag) would suggest similar. As Tripp says I would check that you're not approaching the server's connection limits - setting the overall up/down bandwidth should be ok, but setting the Max Data Per Client to a reasonable value (maybe aim to use half your total bandwidth with your normal size field: 128k x 30 drivers = 3840kbps, for example) should help as a backup.

As you know we haven't nailed this one down completely in our league either, but the above is at least a reasonable starting point... :)

And I don't think there's any cheating going on ;)

Back