ENB under Windows 8.1 - Solution?

DoktorR

Hi guys,

as some of you maybe have recognized ENB-series (Richard Burns Rallye Version) doesn't work under Windows 8 and 8.1

It doesn't crash or something like that, it just seems not to load the "d3d9.dll" file in rFactor-folder properly.

Launching with admin-rights or in compatibility-mode doesn't help.

Has anybody an idea or solution on fixing this...?

This is the only reason why i am still running Windows 7.
Original rFactor is a little bit to pale and dark for my taste.

Hans from Germany

I never got working any ENB with RF2, just SweetFX, I was using Win7 x64 tho.
I had same d3d9.dll problems, couldn't know why, I thought it works same like SwFX.

Did you try installing the latest directX9 simply over the existing dx?
Maybe it help...

HERE you can get it.

Yes i already installed the latest DirectX (with the WebInstaller) manually... but still don't work.

Are you sure that it was the latest directX9 that you've installed?

Normally, when you use the websinstaller, it looks which dx version you have and tries to update it, i guess.

And windows 8 uses dx11.

But rFactor needs components from dx9 where i'm not sure if dx11 has them included by default.

Just give it a try and use the installer i posted the link from.
You can not mess up something by using it.

I will give it a try on my W8-test-installation.

But as i said, rFactor (DX9-mode) is running finde, only ENB respectively the d3d9.dll file from it isn't loading.

Confirming this same issue here, same goes for LFS and RSRBR :(
I just installed all these games on a new computer but only just realized no ENB will work because of win 8.1, what a bummer!

Anyone finds a solution please post.

Just an idea..... Windows Vista, 7, 8 have these stupid (i have more words to describe it, but i will not use them here because children have access to this forum too :)) User Account Control system.

And even if it is said that your account has admin-rights, don't believe it!

Maybe the following helps:
If the ENB comes along with an own d3d9.dll, rightclick on it and choose "properties".
Then, under the "security"-tab, look which rights for your windows account are set there.
If you don't have full access, change it and set the full access for your account.

I don't know if it helps.
I use windows 7 and the first thing i always do when setting up a new windows system, is to reduce the User Account Control to the lowest level and i never had any problems with missing rights.

And, not to forget, start the game "as administrator" too!

Back