Engine breaks down after abrupt downshifts

Didier Coquillard

Hi all, i have a F1 mod, but when I make an abrupt downshifts engine breaks.
What's the line/value to be changed in the engine.ini file?

Thanks

ps. sorry for my bad english

For engine-damage caused by overrevving, the main-line ist the "LifetimeEngineRPM=...", based on the given values of the "RevLimitRange=".
And additionally the "LifetimeAvg=" and "LifetimeVar=".

I personally like it when people crash their engines by downshifting while giving full throttle.
Because that is really realism.

There are too many mods online where it don't matters how you treat your engine. It stays healthy anyway.

Thanks mate, I completely agree with your speech, but a incorrect values ​​not allowed to play

Not sure what you're doing this for (personal play or a league etc) but you have to be a little bit careful balancing your 'problem' and making the engines impossible to break at all - normal wear relies on normal use getting/keeping revs near the limit as you do in an F1 car. If you raise the damage RPM or increase the range (the second figure) you might as well just disable mechanical failures and not worry about the values. (unless you still want brake failures to occur)

I did some tests with the latest changes and the engine will wear if you do a downshift abruptly, but does not break. Of course, after so much time and downshift incorrect, engine break

I did some tests with the latest changes and the engine will wear if you do a downshift abruptly, but does not break. Of course, after so much time and downshift incorrect, engine break

Would appreciate If you could provide the Settings you're using as well. Thx in advance

this is value

LifetimeEngineRPM=(17800, 70) // (base engine speed for lifetime, range where lifetime is halved)
LifetimeOilTemp=(126, 2.90) // (base oil temp for lifetime, range where lifetime is halved)
LifetimeAvg=10105 // average lifetime in seconds
LifetimeVar=240 // lifetime random variance

Back