Engine wear impact on power

MerlinC

Was not able to find a thread clearly explaining whether and how engine wear affects engine power. There are some threads where people discussing to avoid blowing off the engine - this is not my question here.

Could this be MOD dependent? Does anybody have further information?

P.S.: Feedback from ISI - they should be able to answer this question for sure - would be appreciated. If rF1 does not have this - more interesting feature than blowing off engines - I would be interested whether it's planed for rF2?

Here is the only source I could find in regard engine wear implication on power.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1407762&postcount=4

FWIW i have to agree with the quote at nogrip, in all the years and many mods this has never been an issue and power never decreases. Its either on or off.
Failure is of course a different issue, its sometimes mod dependant how engines fail where as with one mod you can realy work it without issues and another mod you realy need to take care of everything you do. but that is not wear, simply failure.

In Race 07 (a gmotor2 game) engine wear results in power dropping off but the engine has to be a around 40-50% to make a difference. I did a 3 hour race at LeMans with the WTCC cars once and at the end of the race every car was significantly down on power. IIRC every had lot somewhere around 1 second/mile of track. I don't know how rF2 is though. I haven't done a race that is long enough yet to test it out.

Back