Error loading mesh file to memory

Coutie

I have started working on my first track and am following the ISI tutorial. I want to have a quick look around in the gMotor viewer but am getting an error when I try to view any .gmt file. Is there any way to fix this? I have also attached them .gmt files and scene.

View attachment 172

First, check that all your textures exist in the right folder and that your search paths are correct.

First, check that all your textures exist in the right folder and that your search paths are correct.

Coutie, I had the same problem and sure enough my textures weren't in same folder and my paths weren't set properly in the SCN file.

All the paths are correct. It opens fine in 3dsimeED but not the gMotor viewer. Is there a way to see an error report or something like that?

Open a Toban scn file and look at it, then compare it to yours.

Your search paths are wrong, you are also missing commonmaps.mas.

It opens in simed because the search path set like that works with simed.

Okay I changed my search paths to look like Toban and added the commonmaps.mas to the scene and my folder, but it's now giving me an error for commonmaps.mas.

It sure is, I also copied it to my tracks folder just in case.

edit:

I seem to have fixed the commonmaps.mas error but I still have the original errors.

Ok, here is your checklist.

The track folder needs to be in locations. GameData\Locations\yourtrack (no spaces in the name)
(Forget about subfolders in the track folder for now. Just put the scn gdb etc straight into GameData\Locations\yourtrack)

The textures should be in a folder called MAP
The gmt's should be in a folder called GMT
The search paths should be.
SearchPath=.
SearchPath=yourtrack
SearchPath=yourtrack\MAP
SearchPath=yourtrack\GMT

If all of the above is correct, it should all work.

I'm 99% sure that the problem your having is the textures aren't being found. Make double sure they are in the MAP folder and that the searchpath points to the MAP folder

So this is how it should be.

SearchPath=.
SearchPath=ALEX_TRACK\
SearchPath=ALEX_TRACK\GMT\
SearchPath=ALEX_TRACK\MAPS\

folder.jpg

Alright, I seem to have gotten it working. I think I had the materials named wrong.

I have another problem now, the viewed doesn't seem to load on all of the screen, just a small bar in the middle. I have fiddled with the graphic settings but nothing changes.
viewerproblem.jpg

It's your view size.

Fix this line up in the scn file.
View=mainview
{
~snip~
Size=(1.00, 1.00) Center=(0.5, 0.5)

~snip~

YW!

[ED] 1 more thing, you don't need commonmaps.mas in the track folder
"SearchPath=." is telling it to go back 1 folder and search (which is the Locations folder where commonmaps.mas is located).

Last edited:

Back