Error loading texture

spcor

Hello, I have a problem when I try to run track in Sonoma RFE appears'' Error loading texture NEW_GASSDETAIL is material GRASS10_0''
The link to download the track is http://www.mediafire.com/download/3m7ayuu8d1xv4m5/SonomaRFE.rar

I've downloaded and installed the linked track.
Seems as if the uploader forgot some parts of it or the track is a part of a trackpack.

When i try to load the track, i get an error that a *.gmt is missing.
The reason is, that the in the *.scn file listed MAS-file "RFE_SKY_BASIC.MAS" is not included.
Maybe the missing texture is in this MAS-file too.

Try to get the trackpack (if there exists one) or try to get another version of this track.

Or you customize the track in that way that it runs without the in the missing MAS-file included files.
But that will cost a little bit of work.

You also can try to put a gras texture into the trackfolder and hope that no other error-messages will appear as next and so on and so on.
To be on the safe site, take a DDS texture with 1024x1024 format and give it the same name as the missing texture in the error-message has (NEW_GASSDETAIL.DDS).

Because your link didn't work, i searched the net and found this:
DOWNLOAD IZOD_DW12_PMG_Installer.exe.

After installation i took a car and started a testday on Sonoma Raceway RFE and the track loaded without an error.

Maybe you have a corrupted version?

And the Installer includes a complete rFactor installation.
Are you using it without putting other things into it?

I do not know what the problem is, only appears Error loading texture NEW_GRASSDETAIL is material GRASS 10_0
And the track is the same as that in installer

I found the problem, have 2 files called NEW_GRASSDETAIL.DDS and SEARSWOW.DDS with resolution of 4096x4096, I read on another forum that a texture can not have a resolution above 4096, these two files you can find by opening the file with SonomaRFE.mas the gmotor, the link is this gmotor http://rfactor.net/web/dl/rf1/mas_203.zip
I think you have to extract these 2 files and af 3dsimed use to fix this problem, but I do not know anything 3dsimed so hopefully someone can solve this problem

I don't think that this is the problem because, like i told you before, here the track loads without an error. And i'm using the installation from the download i've posted, so normally i should get the same error.

But..to change the resolution of the *.DDS files, you can use Photoshop with NVidia-Plugin for example.

If you have problems with that, post it here and i upload the *.mas with the 2 changed *.DDS files ( i would resize them to 2048 x 2048)

Good to hear that it works now.

But that opens the question why it was no problem at my Computer to load the track with the original files.
Seems as if it's not a problem caused by rfactor.

But that it works now is the main thing.

sorry if it is bothering you, but is that my video card is not very good

No problem, a little hint.
I remember a tool called DDS-converter. But i'm not sure if it was able to convert from DDS to, for example, JPG.
Maybe you can use google to find, download and try it out, so you can convert DDS-files into a format that can be edited with Windows "Paint" (for example) and after editing/resizing, converted back into DDS. So you can do it by yourself ;)

But here is the resized RMBLA2GRASS_GREEN.DDS: DOWNLOAD

@SPCOR

Have you tried loading the tracks with the TRACK DETAIL LEVEL set to HIGH or FULL?

I managed to solve the problem using these 2 programs
Easy Convert DDS to JPG
Easy Convert JPG to DDS
Before I had tried to play on the track with the level of detail of the textures in full,high,medium and low,but it did not work
It seems that the only solution is to resize the texture using the two programs mentioned above,I did it and it worked

Back