error texture for material

• Thread starter Sebastian Röhn
  • Start date

Sebastian Röhn

Dear rFactor community,

I find very often in different mods error messages like this (here Enduracers Mod) in the trace file.

Code:
util.cpp      542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra1, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\Misc\COCKPIT.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\251_Team\251_TeamCOCKPIT.dds, tex2=wcextra1.dds
Code:
util.cpp      542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra8, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\Misc\OZRIMS.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\251_Team\251_TeamOZRIMS.dds, tex2=wcextra8.dds

There is no folder called "Misc" in each case. Does anybody know why this errors appears, if it has influence on the executability of rFactor and how I can fix it.

Thanks for your help!

Hi sebastian! Some time since last edition of la sarthe :)

I am not so sure about the error since sometimes errors involving dds are a little bit ilogical for me, especially when it says something as "can't find texture xxx.dds" and it is just there with the others...

Since it doesn't say it cannot find it I would take a look at those dds to see if there is somethong wrong or weird in it. If you have 3dsimed (there is free trial) try opening the veh files after putting all related gmt and texture files in the same folder. I always mess up with searchpaths :D. Isolate the materials quoted in the error and try to see if something doesnt look right or simply doesn't appear.

If the error does not prevent from loading, then is a minor error and only affects graphically somewhere in the cockpit.

I hope it helps.

By the way it would be awesome if you started trying rf2 for who knows which edition of 24 hours of La Sarthe event. Maybe nowadays it is very precipitated to move up from rf1 to rf2. However several features are already in as rejoin. Your experience and feedback would be very vaualable for ISI since you have many years experience holding the event and have developed your own plugins and software that worked great, especially last edition to provide the most wonderful experiences I have had in sim racing. Send greetings to Lutz

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for your input but it doesn't help. As I mentioned before, it's not a specific mod...I get this error messages in the trace file on different mods. The mods are also running, but there must be something wrong, otherwise the trace entry would not appeare.

It is really nice to hear that you enjoyed the 24h de la sarthe (2013?). About rF2 I'm actually not convinced, but tested it also not enough. For sure the physic-engine is a big step but the performance is not. We will wait what other leagues like racedartment getting for an impression using rF2 for endurance races. But I wondering why they using the Rejoin-plugin, which is now also available for rF2 instead of the ISI solution. Anyway, greetings and I hope you will join events at sim-racing.org again.

Dear rFactor community,

I find very often in different mods error messages like this (here Enduracers Mod) in the trace file.

Code:
util.cpp      542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra1, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\Misc\COCKPIT.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\251_Team\251_TeamCOCKPIT.dds, tex2=wcextra1.dds
Code:
util.cpp      542: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra8, tex0=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\Misc\OZRIMS.dds, tex1=GAMEDATA\VEHICLES\ENDURANCESERIES\P1\CREATION_CA06\CREATION\251_Team\251_TeamOZRIMS.dds, tex2=wcextra8.dds

There is no folder called "Misc" in each case. Does anybody know why this errors appears, if it has influence on the executability of rFactor and how I can fix it.

Thanks for your help!

Don't worry about such entries in the trace file. They won't cause any troubles as long as the cars load without an error-message.

Back