Exporting help...

Rich Goodwin

Hi guys....

I am a computing student. As part of my degree I must complete a project for a client. My client needs a track making, Cadwell Park. I have a presentation coming up and really want to show a VERY EARLY prototype of what I have done so far.

I have a basic track layout, skybox & xsectors all in there from following tutorials. My issue is getting the track "in-sim". I have all of the plugins installed but where my tutorial says things like "remember, you must have a corresponding gdb file to go along with your scene file for your track to show up in the track select"... 1) It doesn't tell me how to create a scene file 2) there is no other reference to a gdb filetype anywhere or how to create one.

I apologise if I am coming across as an utter idiot but this seems to be the most complicated process ever created. I have looked at some awesome tutorials from freew67 on youtube and also got a trial of 3DsimEd as that was described as the easy way to do things, but still can't figure it.

Is there anywhere that there is a user friendly step-by-step guide on how to do this?

Regards
A very stressed out student!

I don't know of a specific tutorial, I've always been of the copy, trial and error school. Follow a working track's folder and file layout. Copy a GDB from a working track, and place it in your track's folder tree at the appropriate spot. Rename the GDB-- both file name and appropriate names within the file-- to match your track. Same with the SCN file. Rename the track segment instances and GMT's within the SCN to match your track segment GMT's. Do not rename the XSector intances and GMT within the SCN. Your track's filenames need to match the SCN entries. Likewise you should not need to do anything with the existing Skybox instance in the SCN. Delete any instance entries in the SCN that do not appear in your track. Change the search paths and other entries near the beginning to match your track. The same with the filename.

You can edit the SCN, GDB, GEN, PLR, and some other files with a text editor. Notepad, for one, will work.

You might be able to find something here.

I managed to fix this by following a more in-depth guide than i previously had, thank you though!

Back