F1C on Windows 10

Anyone running F1C on Windows 10?

Never tried. I just assumed incompatibility due to my experiences with Win Vista and Win 7. The main game worked, but most mods seemed to cause the game to crash.
Maybe I'll give it a go.

Anyone running F1C on Windows 10?

Works fine GC.

After you install, right click on f1 challenge 99-02.exe / properties /compatiblity and set mode to " Windows XP Service Pack 2 " and tick "Run this program as Administrator"

Problem is no "Proper" widescreen patch.
Set to 1600x900 for widescreen

I edit config like this just for looks, lol ( makes no difference of course )

CPURATING=5
SYSTEMRAM=2048
VIDEORAM=2048
OBJDETAIL=3
TEXDETAIL=3

P.S. Have not tired improving visual quality through NV Inspector but it runs very smooth no hiccups.

Last edited:
Still don't look too bad :p

f1_challenge_99_02_2016_03_19_19_26_09_591.jpg

Run Prototype C, first release! :D

Serious. lol

I only installed it because I assumed G wanted to know if it ran........ don't think he was asking the question for conversation.

I can't see why mods would cause a hassle unless running out of memory.

The game isnt working too well on newer system such as 7 and above.

Works fine GC.

After you install, right click on f1 challenge 99-02.exe / properties /compatiblity and set mode to " Windows XP Service Pack 2 " and tick "Run this program as Administrator"

Problem is no "Proper" widescreen patch.
Set to 1600x900 for widescreen

I edit config like this just for looks, lol ( makes no difference of course )

CPURATING=5
SYSTEMRAM=2048
VIDEORAM=2048
OBJDETAIL=3
TEXDETAIL=3

P.S. Have not tired improving visual quality through NV Inspector but it runs very smooth no hiccups.

I couldn't resist# getting a fresh copy for PC of F1 Challenge 99-02 so I could reminisce and try to finish my full season of full race distance that I started in 2004 on Xbox.
But I have that same issue that it wont start.
Windows 7
I have tried setting the compatibility mode (incl on modes Win 95, 98, Xp pack 2 in different attempts), I also set compatibilty in the 3d exe.

I'm out of ideas.
Is there any updates on this issues.

#
Despite having been through a lot of titles since and loving RF2 I just wanted to do it.

Back