Fanatec CSR Wheel Force Feedback feels bad

Jim Hämäläinen

There's something weird going on in this game's force feedback. Both inverted and normal force feedback doesn't feel right. In the menus the wheel feels good and there's no weird "no force gaps" but as soon as I get in a car, it doesn't feel right. Force feedback from low to full, everyone has those effects.
So when the car is standing still there's "no force gap" for like 90 degrees (can be smaller) and when the limit is hitted then there's force resisting. The point where the gap is depends on where car's tires are positioned. Then when standing still the wheel can go in the extreme ends automatically if helped only a bit with a finger.
When I'm driving there's also that weird 90 degrees no force gap feeling and my wheel can easily wiggle everywhere which makes the driving hard.

None of the force feedback setting in the menus help me with this issue other than disablling force feedback... I can drive but it's not enjoyable and doesn't feel good/realistic at all.

Other games have no problem, for example rFactor 2 feels awesome.

Try with reversing the FFB.
In Menu "SETTINGS/CONTROLS/FORCE FEEDBACK/Force Feedback Strength" set the slider to the same negative value, as it is positive now. Or the other way round, if it is negative already.

If it feels like you are driving on top of a huge TUBE and the car is about to fall off all the time, then you need to set "Reversed FFB" opposite to what it currently is, yes :)

Back