Fanatec GT3 RS v2 wheel and ClubSport Pedals not recognized

Jeff1961

I'm using a new computer with eyefinity (3 monitors) and a new purchase of rFactor in Win 7 Pro 64bit.
I have created a new profile in rFactor. I have not brought in any old profiles or game files. I have not installed any mods.

My wheel was recognized at first, but the clubsport pedals were not.
The 10 or so times i've gone in to the game to work on this, i've had different results. Sometimes the wheel would not be recognized. Or...just the left motion would be. But I can usually get most of the wheel functions going...but no response at all from the wheels. (red vertical bars in rFactor settings not moving up and down)

The cable that connects the pedals to the wheel is not connected.
I am just using the USB connection. However I did test with the cable connected to the wheel instead...but it did not help.

I have the H shifter connected as well. I have not tried doing this with it disconnected.

I have tried starting the game with the "run as adminstrator" option and I have UAC set to "Never Notify".

I have tried disconnecting the wheels usb from the computer and just having the pedals connected.

I have tried using the various options in the Fanatec software.

I have contacted Fanatec but no response yet...and i'm using the most current drivers. (v107)
http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/2639#comment-12348

I've heard that there is a .dll I should install for rFactor to help with this. (a plug in?) But I do not know where to get it or what it is called. I've seen nothing at the rFactor official site. Could this be the "realfeel" plugin?

The wheel and pedals do work in other games like LFS. I got them working in NFS Shift, Burnout Paradise Ult, and F1 2010. Although there was initially some problems with F1 2010.
I have been playing rFactor almost exclusively for the past 5 years. I would happily give up all other games if only this one would work. And I purchased the wheel and pedals, in part, because I was told they work in rFactor. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

================================================== ==================
AsusCrossIVExt/PhenIIX6_1090T/CM_V6GT/SapHD6970/16GBCorsairDom/180GB OCZ SSD/3xASUS VW266H/Win7Pro64

Try unplugging the H pattern shifter, it has given me problems before as it always displays that I am in 6th while I'm not and other functions are affected by it. It wants to be re-calibrated to use again (if I'm right).

Thanks. Just tried it...but everything functioned the same.
I even went in to the Fanatec software after unplugging the h shifter. Moved the wheel in the wheel area...moved the pedals in the pedals area...closed it...then ran rFactor. No response within rFactor for the pedals. The wheel only moved the red indicator in the left area of the graphic.

I noticed a few days ago the H-shifter would not work in LFS. Although LFS had no problem recognizing the wheel and pedals.

I've heard that there is a .dll I should install for rFactor to help with this. (a plug in?) But I do not know where to get it or what it is called. I've seen nothing at the rFactor official site. Could this be the "realfeel" plugin?
The above was seen in the Fanatec software under the "Telemetry Data" tab. There's a list titled "Supported games" and when I select rFactor from the list I get a pop up window that says "Kindly install plugin dll for rFactor first."
Perhaps this will help me? But I do not no where to get this file.
Does anyone know if this would help with rFactor recognizing the controllers...and if so, where I could find it?

In case it helps, some other settings I have are:

-under the "Telemetry Data" tab it has"Is PS/2 Clubsport Pedals attached?". I've left it unchecked. I did test rFactor with it checked and the pedals using USB. And with it checked and the pedals connected to the wheel. None of these worked.
I assumed it was intended only for pedals that are attached directly to the wheel instead of USB. So it does not apply to my situation and should be unchecked.

-I've left "Autocenter spring" unchecked.
-I've left "Pedals/Combined pedals" unchecked.

NOTE TO ADMINS>>> could this thread be moved to the rFactor "hardware" sub-forum?
Sorry...I just realized I posted in the wrong forum.

My problems have been resolved by me simply following the instructions in the manual to calibrate the h-shifter.

Back