Fanatec pedals not recognised (?)

65GTO

Hi, I've followed all the instrictions for installing my Fanatec Carrera wheel and pedals but neither the brake nor the clutch are recognised when I'm assigning controls in the game.

I've looked at the device in 'controllers' where - weirdly - the PC cannot recognise ANY of the pedals (...but the game can see the throttle ???).

Any clues and I'd be sincerely grateful.

Here's a link to the drivers on a support page. Maybe trying updated driver might help. If it works can you let me know what you think of the wheel?

Wally26

Thanks Wally26!

That's what I used to begin with, but just for fun I removed the old drivers and re-installed these. Same problem though... :(

If/when I get this thing working I would be happy to tell you what I think of the wheel. I've had various Logitech and Thrustmaster wheels before and was going to go for a G25, but I tried one and it wasn't what I hoped it would be. Mind you...at least the G25 worked!!

Further to this, I've just 'phoned the Fanatec support line and they have no idea how or why my problem is happening! They asked me to take a video of what's happening and send it in :(

Has anybody else encountered the same problem by any chance??

Does anyone know a website/forum which might be able to help work out why my Fanatec wheel isn't working?

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Ya,

Just read your other post thus I'm now reading this one.
It doesn't sound like a rFactor problem, but either a driver problem or the wheel is faulty because you say Windows cant see the pedals in the controllers section.

My brief experience with Windows 7, I did find it tried to load the wrong (XP) drivers when installing hardware. Had to uninstall and select the correct drivers manually. Apart from that, take it back and get a refund.

i would probably contact who you bought it off for any ideas/support, otherwise look up for support in the link above i posted.

there is another thread now that someone cant get their thrustmaster (GT Experience) pedals to work either so could be windows 7 thing as above, otherwise send it back and get another or money replaced.... If your in australia atm the g27 is available for 245 bucks free delivery on ebay. Could be an alternative idea.. I hope you get the carrerra wheel to work though as it is 12" compared to 11".... let me know what happens so I can decide which way to go myself... TAA

W26

Sorry for reviving a 3 month old thread but in the event that you never figured out your pedal issues... Look here: http://www.basherboards.com/Pedals_PF1_Explained I'm not here to sell stuff, I'm here to help people enjoy what they've paid hard earned money for.

Fanatec told you they don't know what's going on? Riiiiiight.

Best of luck.

Back