Favourite Real/Game Race Track & WHY

verbii

Hi,
I’m doing a project at Uni with a team relating to Race Tracks and video games, I was wondering if you could take the time to let us know what your favourite race track is either real life or in game (please let us know which game it’s in) and most importantly WHY, it could be the corners, you may live near it, because of a racing moment whatever, any help would be appreciated, so I’ll start off.

Track: Bathurst(Mount Panorama)
Why: I love the way it has very long straights, tight technical sections, walled in sections with no run off and obviously all that elevation change. Also I remember when I was young seeing some epic V8 touring car action being shown from there on TV which I loved.

See easy, like I say let us know yours, any reason is valid :D Apologies if this is the wrong place to put the thread.

oh, come on, 40 visits and no replies? uh..

Track: Suzuka
Why: It has everything you expect from a fast track, plus the very very tighty half-slow first sector, chances an places for overtakings, and very intense races. Also, the converted track for most games is very very funny to drive, and clearly it has that level of dificulty to make it interesting. For me is a track that you have to learn one corner at a time, every one of them, until you finish a decent lap.

Good luck with your 'whatever you are doing' thing :)

PD: if you ask it again, I'd answer Spa, and then Ricardo Tormo, and... :)

Track: Nordschleife
Also called The Ring, the Green Hell, the Mother.

Why: why i dont even.....
Because of its unique characteristics. It basicly has everyhing a driver could wish for, both in layout and surtainly in the challenge it provides.
170 to 150 turns, 25km to 20km. depending on which version is used.

I've been racing on the Ring for decades, it is provided in virtualy every sim/racing game and if not, offered as an addon. From serious simulations to arcade games and everything inbetween.
I bought GT4 on the PS2 just for this track :)

Its a difficult track, takes weeks/months/years to learn it. by now i can dream every turn and it still is a huge challenge, especially when doing races on it where the walk in the country side changes to 'ffs i need 3 more tenths'.

It never becomes boring, every mod/game/version brings something new to the table and once you have passed the zone where things just are too uncomfourtable and scary, it becomes an addiction. and once you are addicted, you will never be free again.

It doesnt even matter what kind of car is used, can be anything. In fact, it doesnt even matter much what kind of setup is used. the overall challenge and how you are able to connect all the turns and sectors together are usualy the deciding factor.

The rf1 track makers have been spoiling us over the years. so much choices and options. fingers crossed rf2 will provide the same or even better.

There you go, you might wanna check my grammar if using this, english is not my first language so its abit off sometimes :)

Good luck with the project.

Favorite road course: Laguna Seca
Why: I think it was my first endurance race in Gran Turismo, that I remember at least, so I became very familiar with it. Always enjoyed it since.

Favorite oval: Martinsville Speedway
Why: Having grown up going to the local races every weekend, I just prefer the small and simple tracks. Plus, I think there's a lot more on display from the drivers, as opposed to tracks like Daytona or Talladega where it's just pedal-to-the-floor for four or five hours.

Track: Nordschleife for rFactor.
Why: It challenges you at every turn. It has fast and slow technical corners. It has fun straights. It has beautiful scenery....but most of all; Getting it right without going off is very satisfying.

Back