FFB & controller problems

CameronD97

So I am having a few problems with the FFB of my G27 while playing RF1. Basically I do either 1 race, test session, etc at a track and then when I exit the track back to the main menu and go to a different track with the same mod all FFB seems to of disappeared and can't get it to come back without exiting the game completley and restarting it again. I am currently on a fresh install so I don't have any RFE, LeoFFB or any plugins at all and only the Enduracers mod installed atm. I also seem to have a problem that I don't have a G27.ini file in USERDATA/controller nor do I have a controller.ini either. I will list my Logitech profiler settings below & RF FFB settings as well. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

Profiler FFB settings:
Overall: 115%
Spring: 0%
Damper:130%

Centering spring: unticked & 0%

Report combined pedals: unticked

Degrees of rotation: 270'

Allow game to adjust settings: ticked

RF FFB settings:
FFB type: wheel
FFB effects: medium
FFB strength: -100%

yes I have mapped a button to reset ffb and hasn't solved the problem when it is pressed
Windows 7 and running on an administrator account

wheel isn't plugged into a hub is it?
tried other usb sockets?
try socket at the back,direct into mobo.

..... Windows 7 and running on an administrator account

When your User Account is shown as "Administrator", believe me, it isn't equipped with the Administrator rights.

The easiest way to avoid problems caused by insufficient user-rights is, to set the Windows UAC to the lowest level.

wheel isn't plugged into a hub is it?
tried other usb sockets?
try socket at the back,direct into mobo.
Always have it plugged into the Motherboard

When your User Account is shown as "Administrator", believe me, it isn't equipped with the Administrator rights.
The easiest way to avoid problems caused by insufficient user-rights is, to set the Windows UAC to the lowest level.
It worked for a bit but is doing the same now while running as an administrator

Last edited:
Can you try the following?
- in the rFactor main folder, delete the config.ini file
- start the game and, if there is none anymore, create a new profile
- make your controller settings (don't forget FFB-reset button) and save it as "1G27"
You now should have a file "1G27.ini" in your ..\UserData\Controller folder and it should be loaded as preset, when you exit and relaunch rFactor.
After that procedure, do you still have the same problems?

Problem still remains after following your steps unfortunatley :(
I deleted the config.ini file, created a new profile, did the controller settings, mapped a FFB reset button & saved as 1G27, 1G27.ini file is in the controller file and does preset when exiting & relaunching rFactor

Hmmm, that's strange.
Did you make a fresh windows install or just a fresh rF1 install?
And do you use the Logitech Gaming Software?

Did just a rF1 fresh install and yes I use the Logitech gaming software

One last idea from my side....... do you have some more controllers besides the G27 connected?
If yes, disconnect them and try then.

Only have a keyboard & mouse and a portable hard drive plugged in along with the G27

Just to be sure.... was that the first time ever that you have installed rFactor on that machine or is it only a 2nd, 3rd... new install and everything worked fine with former installations of rFactor?

It is the 3rd time I've installed it onto the same machine and yes everything worked fine with previous installation

Do the older installations still exist and don't have this problem when you use them?

Unfortunately no the older installations don't exist anymore but they did work fine before I got rid of them

In this case i would suspect a windows update or a new software that you've installed/updated (maybe a software that was included in a driver update).
Normally things don't change without a reason.

But i fear it will be hard to find out the causing reason.

When i remember right, it is necessary to first install the logitech gaming software, before you plug the wheel.
The installation-routine tells you when to plug it.
That forces the wheel to use the logitech driver.
If you don't do it, a windows driver is used.
Maybe it helps when you do the following. BUT only do it, when you know how to edit the windows registry!

- unplug the wheel
- uninstall the logitech gaming software
- delete all wheel-related entries in the windows-registry
- reboot the pc
- install the logitech gaming software and plug the wheel when the installation asks you to do it.

The latest logitech software can be found HERE

In this case i would suspect a windows update or a new software that you've installed/updated (maybe a software that was included in a driver update).
Normally things don't change without a reason.

But i fear it will be hard to find out the causing reason.

When i remember right, it is necessary to first install the logitech gaming software, before you plug the wheel.
The installation-routine tells you when to plug it.
That forces the wheel to use the logitech driver.
If you don't do it, a windows driver is used.
Maybe it helps when you do the following. BUT only do it, when you know how to edit the windows registry!

- unplug the wheel
- uninstall the logitech gaming software
- delete all wheel-related entries in the windows-registry
- reboot the pc
- install the logitech gaming software and plug the wheel when the installation asks you to do it.

The latest logitech software can be found HERE

Hi, i have been looking through the forum for problems relating to wheel/in game troubles. May i ask what am i looking for to delete in windows registry in relation to my wheel/shifter, i have t300 gte thrustmaster and t8aa shifter,csr ewlite pedals, i am having loads of trouble with RF1 RF2 and PCARS, all from steam, my controllers are acting just wrongly ffb is all over the place, When i read your post i think maybe i need to do this 1st . this is a new setup and i need to think about sending it back if its broke in some way, can you help please? Gareth.

.... i am having loads of trouble with RF1 RF2 and PCARS, all from steam,.....
rF2 can't be from steam. (yet ;))

.... May i ask what am i looking for to delete in windows registry in relation to my wheel/shifter, i have t300 gte thrustmaster and t8aa shifter,csr ewlite pedals.....

As first i have to say: before you do that, try to solve your problems by changing the settings in windows or in game first.
I am e.g. not sure if rF1 allows 3 parallel plugged controler.
And if you post here what exactly it means when you say "my controllers are acting just wrongly ffb is all over the place", i am sure that the members here can give you hints to solve that without touching the registry.

And this is the most important thing: don't edit the registry, if you are not sure by 100%, what you are doing. ;)
Editing the Windows registry in a wrong way, really can cause massive problems.

When i do it for e.g. my G25 wheel, i search the registry for "G25" and delete all entries that are related to it.
And depending on the structure where the entries show up, i delete complete keys (folders) or just strings or binary values.

Unfortunately (for me fortunately) i have no "loose" entries of my G25 in my registry.
So i add a screenshot from my logitech profiler entry as an example.
Here i would delete the whole key(folder) "G25" from the left side, if it would show up elsewhere.

logitechG25reg.jpg

As first i have to say: before you do that, try to solve your problems by changing the settings in windows or in game first.
And if you post here what exactly it means when you say "my controllers are acting just wrongly ffb is all over the place", i am sure that the members here can give you hints to solve that without touching the registry.

And this is the most important thing: don't edit the registry, if you are not sure by 100%, what you are doing. ;)

When i do it for e.g. my G25 wheel, i search the registry for "G25" and delete all entries that are related to it.
And depending on the structure where the entries show up, i delete complete keys (folders) or just strings or binary values.

Unfortunately (for me fortunately) i have no "loose" entries of my G25 in my registry.
Here i would delete the whole key(folder) "G25" from the left side, if it would show up elsewhere.

logitechG25reg.jpg

Many thanks for your reply :), You are correct i d/led rf2 from their own site :), ok 1stly i hope mods here wont mind me using this thread? it is ffb related, and for me it is happening across 3 games.

RF1 i do not alter ffb just control of wheel movement and selection of shifter i reduced graphic level to medium, on leaving pits wheel is pulling both left and right , om tracdk i can sort of control, but it pulls either side, turning in bend seems to make it over react?

pcars, on entering game i setup wheel and shifter leave pits ffb is massive pulling left to right, i enter setup and from reading others post and ffb setups i altar tire force to a low level"20" go back on track i can drive ok but no feel like hoover hockey at fair,

raceroom game,
enter setup and assign my wheel and shifter on exit of pit i lose my throttle "pedals are csr elite" it did after some tries " by luck" throttle worked on track for some seconds and wheel was throwing left to right?

i have a new setup, pc , wheel , shifter, these i thought i had installed correctly? but with what is happening i am wondering from Your posting on Correct wheel and shifter/driver allocation im wondering if i have done it wrong, point in case is this ;

the Gent who had a prob in this thread with ffb, he showed a picture of what he missed in setting his profiler to the game " rf2x64bitexe" It was that picture, showed driver link to game, mine shows thrustmaster profile, i d/led it but i know i dont have any means to set it to anyone game is that logitech only?
I dont know if this makes any sense to you? im sorry if my explaination is crap, im losing the plot slowly :)

i tried to reply but it needs to be modded 1st

Last edited:

logitechG25reg.jpg

Hi many thanks for replying :) yes your right i d/led RF2 from there site .

Ok i will try: RF1i go into game i altar only to assign wheel ,pedals and shifter, go on to track and wheel is pulling left to right osillating? on the straight hard to keep straight line, at a bend turning wheel it feels like ive over steered and then the wheel reacts sharply to turn opposite way?and then wheel is turning left and right on its own? i go into setting and reduce ffb, it is easier to drive but has that" feeling" i cant feel the rd type thing its like air hockey driving " that the right way to say it ?"
RF2: I have not tried yet.

RACEROOM: i cant say to much on this as every time i leave the pits i Lose my throttle control??? im still trying to find out why, ive asked on there forum but not had much luck, does anyone know if raceroom and other games get this loss of throttle input

Pcars: in game is the same as RF1 i can dial it out but left with a wheel that has no ffb, it is like 1 extreme to the other, maybe hopefully someone can share thier ffb settings for thrustmaster t300 gte ? im at a loss, which is why i thought your method of removal of drivers seemed good to start a freah? but like you say hopefully i can get around this with the help of this community :) thanks for your time, any suggestions will be very gratefully recieved :)

Hi , Can the mods please check my post that im trying to put up here?? theres nothing untoward about it? whys this happening please?????

I'm sure they will check it soon.

That always happens to new forum-members if they do something more than just to write text.
I think you have a link or something like that in your post.

Just be patient. ;)

Hi many thanks for replying :) yes your right i d/led RF2 from there site .

Ok i will try: RF1i go into game i altar only to assign wheel ,pedals and shifter, go on to track and wheel is pulling left to right osillating? on the straight hard to keep straight line, at a bend turning wheel it feels like ive over steered and then the wheel reacts sharply to turn opposite way?and then wheel is turning left and right on its own? i go into setting and reduce ffb, it is easier to drive but has that" feeling" i cant feel the rd type thing its like air hockey driving " that the right way to say it ?"
RF2: I have not tried yet.

RACEROOM: i cant say to much on this as every time i leave the pits i Lose my throttle control??? im still trying to find out why, ive asked on there forum but not had much luck, does anyone know if raceroom and other games get this loss of throttle input

Pcars: in game is the same as RF1 i can dial it out but left with a wheel that has no ffb, it is like 1 extreme to the other, maybe hopefully someone can share thier ffb settings for thrustmaster t300 gte ? im at a loss, which is why i thought your method of removal of drivers seemed good to start a freah? but like you say hopefully i can get around this with the help of this community :) thanks for your time, any suggestions will be very gratefully recieved :)

Thanks Mods :) Ive sorted this seems the t300 im running likes 540 deg alot more than 900,, race room is also working after i unistalled drivers and redone, many thanks to Redapg for your help, thanks to the forums for being here :)

To the rF1 FFB, sometimes the feeling, that it works just the other way round as it should, comes from a "reversed" FFB.
In the menu under Settings/Controls/Force Feedback you have the slider for Force Feedback strength and it's range goes from -100% to +100%. If you have that strange feeling of a "reversed FFB" and the slider is set to e.g. 50%, set it to -50%. If it is at -50%, set it to 50%. And to get rid of the "self-steering"/oscillating steering wheel, should be possible by playing around with the other settings like sensitivity or rates under the Rates and Controller tabs.

Pcars.... i don't have, so no idea :D

Back