First time with rFactor - how to start?

bonano

Hi,

I would like to ask you which mods should I install if it's my first time with rFactor series.

As far as I know, Force Feedback in original game is really poor and I just found ZeosPantera's tutorial with Better FFB. And even it looks quite complicated for me (especially about personalisation) I am going to install this modification soon. I also installed Shader Pack from Krzysztof Szczech, but I'm not sure how to check if it's working now. ;)

Anyway, could you give me any advices which another modifications should add to my rFactor? I would like to learn driving in finished and nice looking product (yes, graphics also desn't look awesome nowadays). I ask for that beacuse rFactor in original version looks in my opinion just as a base for further scene modfications.

And just one more thing: I have turned on virtual mirrors in first persion perspective (in game files), but I really can't find any information how to turn off real ones then. Because if I turn off mirrors in game settings, the virtual mirrors disappear too. Why I want to to this? It's easy - I just don't wanna have 5 mirrors on my screen (3 virtuals on top, 1 real on the left side and 1 rear-view mirror)... Three virtual mirrors are enough for me! :p

Thank you for your help!

Hello,

here are some "hints":

- what you can install next (mods, tracks, plugins) depends on what you like, F1, Touring-car, Oldies...... Maybe you use the forum-search option to find threads like THIS or simply visit downloadsites like rfactorcentral or virtualr.

- the single installation of the Szczech-Shaderpack is useless. It only works with mods/tracks which use it and if they do, the needed files come along with the installation anyway.

- only the car-mirrors (left, rear, right) in cockpitview can not be faded out, because they belong to the car and you would have to delete them from the 3D-mesh. You only can turn on/off the virt mirrors (with the button "3" ingame).

Don't get carried away with ffb tweaking files, etc., unless you enjoy that. Just copy the realfeel files to plugins directory and off you go. I'll add my complete list of great mods in a few minutes. I'll also list tracks as I just completed testing of combos for Historix 906 and also have some amazing combos for 37gp. I own all the next gen sims but rF1 is still my favorite by far. Stay tuned for my list.

Edit - I have added several lists from recent research and testing to professionalsimracing.com. Enjoy! Also, be sure to install your tracks in a single shared directory and point to that directory via TRACKSDIR in the config.ini file in the root directory of rF1.

Last edited:
Thank you guys! I'll definitely check all mods, which you presented in your posts and for all your help! :)
I am just a liitle disappointed if I can't turn off real mirrors in car. Anyway, I am happy I received from you a base to upgrade my original game. Cheers! ;)

Back