Flag analysis after the race...

ODS-SdP

Hi all,

Is it a way to get flags informations after race (from replay or any log file).

I'm asking because (just as exemple) if it's forbidden to overtake under yellow flag, how to check if some overtook ? and the same for the blue flag. We had some drivers telling us that the blue flag wasn't show at the right time (which can be the fact if the lapped driver is very slow compared to to overtaking driver)

So, any chance to make some yellow flag overtaking checks after the race ?

i dont think so, there is no evidence in files of flags beeing used by the server/game.

In our league we changed the yellow flag-ruling to 'incident zone' where drivers are not allowed to overtake in any incident zone. overtaking is allowed again after the next turn.
Its still open to debate of course but we now can explain why someone gets a penalty because we can actualy 'proof' just by pointing out to the incident in the replay.
Works much better and there is no debate anymore where drivers claim there was no flag because we dont use that anymore :p

Blue flag, i recall an option in one of the files (prolly multiplayer.ini) where you can decrease/increase time on which the flag is shown so you could try and lengthen the time abit? (but i'm not sure this can be done, its a vague recollection i have)

Thanks for the answer. But I don't understand what you mean by "incident zone" is that a game parameter ? I don't know this one.

I wrote a plugin which adds information about yf (time start, end and location) into a chat stream.
Easier way is to write plugin which just writes a file with such a log.

Thanks for the answer. But I don't understand what you mean by "incident zone" is that a game parameter ? I don't know this one.

It's not from rfactor. We determin it ourselfes by stating any crashes, cars off track, cars spinning etc in front of you and in your path is an incident zone and you must slow down and not pass others untill the next turn.
For most of these incident rf will give a yellow flag but sometimes doesnt or is too late.

With our rule of no-passing in any incident zone we prevent drivers from comming in too fast into the incident zone, or taking advantage and pass others whome do slow down for the incident.

The biggest problem is lap 1 of course, so our Stewards check the first lap of a race and act accordingly, after lap 1 we rely on protests beeing filed by drivers.
For us its a good way to be able to ignore the yellow flag from rfactor and also add more to it.

This only works well when you have a bunch of stewards reviewing races of course :)

I wrote a plugin which adds information about yf (time start, end and location) into a chat stream.
Easier way is to write plugin which just writes a file with such a log.

Hi MaXym, is this plugin available for download ?

It's not from rfactor. We determin it ourselfes by stating any crashes, cars off track, cars spinning etc in front of you and in your path is an incident zone and you must slow down and not pass others untill the next turn.
For most of these incident rf will give a yellow flag but sometimes doesnt or is too late.

With our rule of no-passing in any incident zone we prevent drivers from comming in too fast into the incident zone, or taking advantage and pass others whome do slow down for the incident.

The biggest problem is lap 1 of course, so our Stewards check the first lap of a race and act accordingly, after lap 1 we rely on protests beeing filed by drivers.
For us its a good way to be able to ignore the yellow flag from rfactor and also add more to it.

This only works well when you have a bunch of stewards reviewing races of course :)

We are reviewing every race at the moment to check cuts, so this is not an issue. Thanks for the tips, It's a good one !

Back