FREEZING only with LAN racing

Speed22

I have rFactor on two machines that seem to be plenty fast enough. The reason I feel this is because they both run fine offline with as many AI cars as you want.

However, when I try to connect them using only a NETGEAR Switch the nightmare begins. Because only the computer which hosts the room freezes. It doesn't matter which computer you have host either. Now mind you, the other computer is not effected at all.

Even when I don't have another computer connected it will still freeze every 15 seconds for about 3 seconds.

I have no idea why it's doing this and it's extremely frustrating.

Please Advise

Thanks

Do you create the host/server with the ingame-option or with the rFactor Dedicated.exe?

I have rFactor on two machines that seem to be plenty fast enough. The reason I feel this is because they both run fine offline with as many AI cars as you want.

However, when I try to connect them using only a NETGEAR Switch the nightmare begins. Because only the computer which hosts the room freezes. It doesn't matter which computer you have host either. Now mind you, the other computer is not effected at all.

Even when I don't have another computer connected it will still freeze every 15 seconds for about 3 seconds.

I have no idea why it's doing this and it's extremely frustrating.

Please Advise

Thanks

So your connecting a pc to another pc by patch cables and a switch?
you need a crossover cable and just go pc to pc,no need for a switch.

Back