From 1255C back to 1255F

ennimann

Hi,

I Play rFactor since 2005. Beginning 2013 i switched from Trymedia Licencemodel 1255f to ISI Model 1255c to evaluate rFactor on Windows 8. The Trymediamodel is furthermore working on my System Windows 7 with Plugin rfe.
Next time i will Change my System (Motherboard and so on), the licence from trymedia can't activated anymore and the 1255c will not working with the rfe plugin.

What can i do? Can you help me once more?
Thanks a lot
Regards
ennimann

Might be easiest if you contacted ISI to renew your activation. I know others have had success that way. I'd suggest the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page.

Thank's for your information.
But this Problem have a lot of new Racers from us.
A general Information from ISI for all would be good that not all plugins do working with the 1255c version. ;-)

You will not be renewed with a TryMedia activation, as they are no longer supporting, or capable of supporting, rFactor.

We can only renew activations using 1255c, and our own system.

Your TryMedia folder would still work, if you had not changed your system.

And as has been said elsewhere, apparently the maker of the rfe plugin will fix this in 2.0. It's his issue to fix there...

Thank's Tim. I know.
It would just be stupid, my system would go broke. Than i can't drive in my Liga anymore at the Moment. ;-)
I hope und will waiting for update.
Regards
ennimann

Thank's Tim. I know.
It would just be stupid, my system would go broke. Than i can't drive in my Liga anymore at the Moment. ;-)
I hope und will waiting for update.
Regards
ennimann

The only thing that's stopping you from joining your leagues racing is is their using ISI content, Not a add-on mod. Or if they are insisting on use of the RFE weather plug-in.

If it's only the ISI content you can install the 1255F to a new location and extract the mods and tracks from it, place them in the 1255C install allowing them to overwrite.

If it's the plug-in, The leagues need to be sensible about it and not use it until it's been updated for 1255C so all their members can still enjoy their racing.

The alternative is that all members go over to 1255C and be done with it. At the end of the day there will be people upgrading their PC's all the time so more and more 1255F installs want work. It would be in the leagues best interest to sort this out now, then have people all the time coming along with the same issues.

But to say you can't race with your league anymore is rubbish! Your league admin and yourself need to work on a solution because it want go away for you or others in the future if your league want help. Well, till the shoes on their foot of cause! Haha... Join another league, Their not worth your time if that is the case.

Last edited:
@ D.Painter
That's not akzeptable! There'r a lot of new racers the buy a new licence from isi and our Liga use only the one Version from rfe 1.1 to Show tire typ and use the wether in rf1. All new users can't drive on our Servers with the 1255c. The rfactor.exe crashes.
Yes, we could do without, but that would be boring. ;-) The Viewers in Livestream can't see the Type of Tires! Not so good.
Ok it is, how it is. I can't change it anymore.

@ D.Painter
That's not akzeptable! There'r a lot of new racers the buy a new licence from isi and our Liga use only the one Version from rfe 1.1 to Show tire typ and use the wether in rf1. All new users can't drive on our Servers with the 1255c. The rfactor.exe crashes.
Yes, we could do without, but that would be boring. ;-) The Viewers in Livestream can't see the Type of Tires! Not so good.
Ok it is, how it is. I can't change it anymore.

Seems odd that a league would purposely use a plugin that doesn't work in the current version of the product they are using.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

Tim, we started as yet had any 1255f. I asked to evaluate on 1255c and new drivers get yes only the 1255c.
The Timing was/is bad. We would have to row back, but nobody wants that.
That is the Problem. ;-)
At the time when I had to switch to the 1255c test purposes, I did not know that the plugin of rfe does not work!
**** happens

Last edited:
I did some reading on the RFE website so to better understand what's going on. It seam the authors have built into it that "if" the rFactor exe is not a valid one, as in been cracked in any way the plug-in wont work. This is a fantastic thing and my hats off to them for it. So you can see now why the plug-in doesn't work for 1255C because that is exactly what has been done. The exe has been altered so now the RFE plug-in doesn't see it as a valid, legal copy.

Your not happy, Understandable, "But" it's comes down to this, and all your league members and admin are going to find it soon enough, that they will have to go to 1255C if they wish to continue using rFator1.

This is not ISI's fault! It's not the fault of RFE either. Both parties have done what was needed at the time. You and I have had to go to 1255C. I got a new PC and had no choice if I wished to continue. It was either that or not have rF1 at all. I prefer the latter!

Be happy ISI stood by their product and made the necessary changes so we all can keep using it. Be happy that RFE have done the right thing with their plug-in and made it only work in valid copies of rF1. Also be happy that RFE are going to stand by their product/s and update them to work with the new rFactor1 exe.

I also did find a 1255F exe on my external HD and installed it. It wont work even when I replace the license key from my old PC. Understandable!

The 1255 exe has the ISI content "but" some of the content hasn't got rfm files. The hammer and Howston. Not that their any loss but you could just create the needed files and they'd work.

1255C has all content working as well as a new addition. The Formula BMW.
http://rfactor.net/web/wp-content/themes/rf2011/images/main_feat_07sauber.jpg

There are reports of HDV and GBD mismatch and others have studied these and found them to be different. Again understandable. As a mod group member nothing we do ever is really final. We all continue to play with things to see if it can be improved. I'd say that this is also the case with the authors of ISI content. Meaning that now we should see 1255C as a updated version, more then just a replacement.

Last edited:
Hopefully they can just accept 1255c as an acceptable exe.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

@D.Painter
That's, what i say. I know that it is not the fault of ISI or rfeplugin!
@Tim
A Little bit more, it is already.

Back