G25 wheel calibration - refresh rate?

Bjørn

I have a very, very serious problem with my rF1.
I fear it might have something to do with my ATI GPU. This is not certain at all though.
I can't complete a lap anymore without my G25 being all screwed up.
As of now I've only tried it with the Enduracers mod.

It can be perfectly okay on the way out of the pits, but when the FFB is activated in any way it just jumps out of calibration.
I can even provoke it to appear just by pulling quickly to both sides. Under "normal" conditions it can just be while correcting oversteer or if the brakes are locked and the FFB tries to simulate this in the wheel, it can also happen.

The Catalyst drivers are all okay and updated... I think I saw some topic about a similar problem in rF2, where something could be done in some file to tweak a refresh-rate number or something. Can the same thing be done in rF1?

It is very frustrating as the combo of the GPU, wheel and game has worked for almost a year, and the wheel and game has been working in harmony for well over 6 years.

Sincerely, Bjørn.

It's the same in GTR2

It's the same on my Macbook Pro.

Seems like it's finally giving in...

Gutted.

If you have any old mouse around, take a look at the disk inside.

Yeah I tried that, but the mouse I had a too big diameter of the base, so it didn't fit the motor. I could try and fill it with cement-glue, but... I have already ordered the metal encoder disc :)

I had a similar issue with my son's G25 but mad a small collar (due to hole size differance) the Mouse Optical wheel was a larger diameter and had 20 more slots which resulted in much more precise steering in the end , I had to relocate the Sensor pickup because of the bigger wheel but it did the job.

I had a similar issue with my son's G25 but mad a small collar (due to hole size differance) the Mouse Optical wheel was a larger diameter and had 20 more slots which resulted in much more precise steering in the end , I had to relocate the Sensor pickup because of the bigger wheel but it did the job.

Really? I've lost all motivation now sadly...

I got the encoder the other day... Sadly it hasn't fixed the problem... Now my wheel just jerks when it tries to calibrate... I saw on some youtube video, that some guy had the same problem, he just did some (seemed religious almost) disconnects and reconnects of the wheel and them blam, it did what it should...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdClQgR2aD0

Sadly, mine doesn't.
Damn it...

I actually fixed it today..!

A guy called Glenn is behind this:
http://cmlaserservice.com/page_g25_g27_optical_encoder_wheel.html

He shipped it to me 3 weeks ago, but he had made a few changes on the design, which he didn't test...
But, he did that, when he was mailed by my and a few others that couldn't get their wheels working again...

He found out that he had made the slots a tiny bit smaller than before. 2 weeks ago he said we had to get the new encoder wheel closer towards the black sensor - did that today due to old fashioned laziness and whoopdidoo, it works like it did before the original cheap-ass plastic encoder disc broke.

I am a happy man!

Back