G25 wheel off center

steveluppino

My G25 wheel is a few degrees off center. When I switch users on my computer it is perfectly center for other user then I switch back to the original user and it is off center again. I tried logging off other user, uninstalling the drivers, restarting, then installing the drivers and I get the same result. Even the settings in the profiler are the same as before and not reset to defaults. Is it a security issue?

Could be because of sensor inside of the g25 wheel. Is there a flashing light on the shifter?

Could be because of sensor inside of the g25 wheel. Is there a flashing light on the shifter?

No the lights not flashing. I actually got it back to center. There was a control panel from a previous controller on my desktop ( God knows why it was still there after I unistalled its driver) but I opened it and it showed the wheel wasnt calibrated. I recalibrated it there, reinstalled the logitech G25 driver and it showed up fine in the profiler. I just dont know what to do with the other control panel on my desktop from the previous controller. I cant find it anywhere in my program files and Im too scared to delete it in case it throws my wheel off center again.

to reset a G25 . . . unplug the USB cable, wait a few seconds, Windows (I use XP) will make a doink sound, the wheel will go slack, now you can plug in the USB cable back in and the wheel should rotate right and left to both stops and return to center.

I can actually do this on the track, but I worry that the FFB is not correct so I usually do it from the Main Menu before loading the track. Yes, that means that I return to the MM if I find I have an offset problem with the wheel.

Recalibrate the wheel in the Logitech Profiler. If that doesn't help remove the Logitech Profiler, make sure C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Logitech\Gaming Software has been deleted and then install the Logitech Profiler again. The path may vary on your system but this is where the settings are stored.

Last edited:

Back