G27 setup and other issues

R400

Hey all

Im having some serious issues with this game, firstly my G27:

The thing feels completely lifeless; very vague feedback, unresponsive and sluggish. its like driving a truck through jelly. I have tried both real feel and leo, separately and together, with lots of settings which either removed ffb all together or made it very erratic.
Also I cannot seem to control rfactor with my profiler, I can apply global settings but an individual rfactor profile doesn't seem to have any effect. So I'm stuck at 900*. This wheel works perfectly with other games.

Secondly, any option I change in the in-game controllers menu has changed back the next time I visit the menu, this includes the profile its set to use so I have to reload the profile every time I come back, and that takes several clicks to actually get a response.
I'm running the game as admin with full permissions so there shouldn't be a problem with accessing the user data.
And I'm running the version shipped with the G27 if that's any help, I know there have been problems with it.

Been a long time since I first installed rFactor, but from very early on I made controller changes in the controller.ini file (inside your user folder in the rFactor\UserData directory) because of issues with settings sticking (or not). So now I stay away from the in-game profiles.

The Logitech profiler I had the same issues, so I just run a specific profile ("Apply persistent profile" in the settings) to make it work. Probably a bit of a pain having to change that for different games. Hopefully someone might have a workaround...

As far as the actual FFB, it's hard to know where to start... obviously you want to cull a few of the profiler options, like a centering spring, and rF itself might be throwing some extra stuff in there (like engine vibrations). It can take a bit of .ini editing and testing to find something that works for you.

I used RealFeel for a long time but while it's worth trying that and Leos I wouldn't rule out the standard FFB completely.

Back