Game Flashes "Demo" Between Menu Items

deep_spacing

I've recently purchased rFactor v1255 and activated it. I can access all cars and tracks fine. However, I've noticed that when switching between menus (customize, control, connect, also exiting a track) the screen flashes the word "demo" in a background graphic very quickly. It goes away so fast, I had to do it several times to read the word - but, it's kind of lame.

I've added additional cars and tracks, but if I recall, this issue started early on. I briefly checked the FAQ and archives and didn't see anything applicable.

Love the game! Any ideas?

Hi,
Have been having the same problem...will let you know if i find out anything

So, I've just gone ahead and copied in the carbon-look interface .MAS files from the BMW X6 Trophy mod into my UIData folder and the problem's gone. I kept a backup of the folder, in case I need to revert.

I've found the definitive answer to this ~ get rid of the "Demo_fake_button" AttributeSet in your UI.OSC file. As mentioned, I've paid for the game and have just been wondering why I have to see the word DEMO flash quickly between menu options. Maybe this bug is OS, CPU, or GPU specific.

Back