Gear damage

BOLLOmanuel

hello
two questions:

1 - is there a way to set that I can not shift too faster?
I mean, F1 gear is faster and I can shift from 6 to 1.. but old cars have a different shift time.. so, is there a way to set this shift time limit?

2 - or baybe can I set to break the engine if I shift too faster? or if I select a gear when the rpm are too higher?

thanks!

If you are modding a car, yes, and yes.

Shift time: HDV, [DRIVELINE] section, UpShiftDelay and DownShiftDelay. Also check and adjust the clutch time and throttle lift/blip. Note: non-sequential shifting overrides these times, and it's been a looooong time so I'm not sure if just using a clutch will also 'cheat' it somehow.

Engine damage: engine.ini file, LifetimeEngineRPM. First value is the RPM where damage will start, second value is the number of RPM above that point where damage will double. So (10000, 500) would give you 'normal' damage at 10000, double it at 10500, double it again (4x) at 11000, etc. But also 9500 will be half, 9000 will be one-quarter, etc. Generally you end up with a bit of a compromise and have to test how it works, but making that second value smaller will help in punishing very aggressive downshifting. Bear in mind RPM is only part of the equation, oil temperature is the other big influence.

*Sorry, we're in the modding section, obviously you are modding a car :p

Back