getting online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toranaxu1

Iam a newbie and I can't get online to race for love nor money.. when I try to get online to join a game Iam in the chat room and can see all the servers and can chat but I can't join a race..and when I create a race I look in 'monitor' and I can hear the loud speaker and other cars going around but my garage is blank.. I have no idea.. even tried opening the ports thingies..I got 3 port numbers to open up.. but when I get into my moden firewall I can only use 2 numbers.. to/from but I just used 34447.. can anyone please give me any help..

thanks guys..

Last edited:
Go to Connect->Settings in rFactor.

- First make sure you have Refresh List Type set to Internet and not LAN, and your Connection Type to something other than LAN (to whatever your connection speed is, if you don't know Cable/DSL 128 should be safe).

- Make sure you have Spectate OFF.

You might want to read through the manual first in your Support folder. Then read the firewall guide. For your modem/router you could try visiting some place like portforward.com for more detailed instructions. Before you host, run the hosting test. If the host test fails, you'll need to set the entries below in your multiplayer.ini file.

Announce Allowed="1" // servers should pass the firewall test before being allowed to list on the matchmaker
Announce Host="1" // whether servers will attempt to register with the matchmaking service

Don't run the hosting test after setting these or you'll reset them.

thankyou..and I have been on portforward and allowed Rfactor through my firewall to the computer Iam running it on to the best of my knowledge..and I have got spectate on and I have been testing host after settings change.. I'll go give it another shot.. my internet is broadband 2+

thankyou..

I took off 'spectate' and I can now create a multuplayer session but when I go to join it comes up no game available and I can see beside the online chat box that there are heaps of players there.., what am I doing wrong now ?

I have these port numbers to open up my firewall but no place to put them.. and my firewall has a DMZ to open up all ports & all aplications.. is that a good idea or not..,

and mutli player ini file?..where do I find that amunst 1000's of files.. didn't think I had to be a computer programmer and whats a matchmaker?..

I have been into support and Iam doing something wrong with my firewall ports as when testing both ports failed :-(

I got ALLOWED "1" and HOST "1" thinkgy done..HOST was set on "0"

Last edited:
this is what my modem firewall looks like where I have to enter port numbers.. which numbers where..I think this is where I might be going wrong
View attachment 4667

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back