GID V1.1.2 - Global Info Display e Trackmap

fazerbox

I'm very proud to announce

GID V 1.1.2 & TrackMap Plugin for rFactor (NOGRIP)
GID V 1.1.2 & TrackMap Plugin for rFactor (VRG)

Please Read Manual for V1.1.1 (old version to be updated)

GID Plugin for rFactor
Version: V1.1.2
Author: fazerbox@gmail.com

ScreenShot
View attachment 1019

INSTALLATION
============
1) Locate <rFactor folder> that contains "rFactor.exe"
2) Explode Zip file
3) Run rFactor and enjoy!

HOW TO REMOVE PLUGIN
=============================
3) Delete file <rFactor>\d3d9.dll
4) Delete file <rFactor>\Plugins\GIDPlugin.dll
3) Delete folder <rFactor>\Plugins\GID

CREDITS
=======
Many thanks to Slow Motion ( Marco ) for testing and debug. http://www.rfactoracingweb.it/rfactor/
Many thanks to www.virtualracingroup.net community for testing

Max.

love your work, i'm using always.
found a small problem with DataAcquisitionPlugin.
only when close the game i got the same win error like rf2View attachment 2638
installs without DataAcquisitionPlugin work fine .

with this config,View attachment 2640 i have all informations that i need

i use the same in rf2

Last edited:
Thanks Max....

I can not race without GID now.... the additions in the new version look great

Thank you FazerBox. I love this add-on. Moreso now that it looks like Historic GT is compatable?!?

@LeChuck: In past versions "NumPad 0" will cycle through map modes, one of which is off.

Last edited:
Two small issues:

1) In d3d9_GID.log.txt
LoadTexture:D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx: File not found : PLUGINS\GID/Images/plugin_logo.tga
Errore Caricamento: PLUGINS\GID/Images/plugin_logo.tga

The TGA file does not exist.

2) Historix GT 1.9 and Street Stock V3 mods
The plugin works great but rFactor crashes when I exit the game. Other plugins that are active: G27LED, RealFeel, DataAcquisitionPlugin.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: rFactor.exe
Application Version: 1.2.5.5
Application Timestamp: 4705a035
Fault Module Name: d3dx9_40.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.24.950.2656
Fault Module Timestamp: 48ec1d70
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001e8ebc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 1fac
Additional Information 2: 1fac5251538c74f01c349fdacd70ff95
Additional Information 3: 3cc9
Additional Information 4: 3cc96fb83af9366d1c35bfe86cd2a8fa

Last edited:
I also have random crashes with 1.1.2. I've noticed that if I edit the GID, save everything, then exit the game and come back in, I don't seem to crash. If I ever have to edit anything and don't exit, will crash to desktop from game.

fazerbox, are you working on this at all?

Thanks!

Hi,

This bug was solved but not yet released. I hope to release a new build in september.

Max.

Any update?

And also, kind of a side note. Any chance to get this working in Game Stock Car 2012? Not sure where else to look for that one.

Is this plugin dead? Any news on when this will get an update to fix the DLL crashing during game and on exit?

Yeah. I love this update for its Historix compatibility and the temporary sector display/fade widget but the crash on rFactor exit is annoying :)

Seriously, is this project dead? OP stated there was supposed to be an update to fix the problems last month and no communication since.

I guess Fazerbox is dead!?

Does anybody know how to change the point at which oil and water show overheating? The oil and water lights come on way before the game in certain mods.

Does anyone know or have any code for this plugin to just show the start lights and nothing else? Cheers

What you can do is to deactivate the widgets you don't need to use.
I no longer updated the manual (PDF) since few versions ago, but you can read the one that comes with the plugin as well.

Last and full version 1.1.5 is here: http://symracing.net/rfeseries/forum/viewforum.php?f=32

Oh cool! Thanks.

Is there anyway to remove the track map from the race menu page? I don't want it to hover over the replay/live track box. I tried having a look in the menu settings but it was no where to be found. I did get just the starting lights to work aswell, thanks. How do I scale the size and re-position them? Cheers

Nope, never mind myself. I figured it all out. Once I tweaked it to how I liked it, wow what a plugin. Well done! You can ignore the above post lol

There's only one very minor detail I couldn't find in any settings file. Is there anyway to reduce the time the start lights take to disappear off the screen? I feel like what it is at the moment is too long. If it was maybe 3 seconds maximum that would be perfect. And I have noticed it goes to blank lights, then completely off. Again is there anyway to tweak that? Cheers!

into the gidconf, about the startinglights, you can set:

.StartingLights_Mode = [AUTO | TELEMETRY | SYNCRO1 | SYNCRO2 ]
.AUTO = Plugin try to show Light syncronized with rFactor. May Not work
.TELEMETRY= Plugin reads Lights status from Telemetry. Delay may Occurs but it always Works
.SYNCRO1 : synchronized1
.SYNCRO2 : synchronized2
StartingLights_Mode=TELEMETRY

.StartingLights_Style= [F1 | DEFAULT ]
.F1 = Black Lights on start
.DEFAULT = Green Lights on start
StartingLights_Style=DEFAULT

i.e. in case of rFactor 1255G and Windows8, usually you have to set TELEMETRY to have it working, but you can set it also ingame opening the setting menu (I guess you have found it!). Use telemetry only if other options don't work, to avoid a short delay of half second due to the time rFactor spends to send data.

You can chose between red/green lights or red/none lights (like usually happens in several races), but you cannot set the time to have the widget totally off.

Ok thanks for your reply. Yeah I got it exactly how I wanted it, just needed it to have the widget turn off quicker. Oh well lol :)

Once I set it up how I wanted it, you couldn't even tell it was running until you were in car. It is fantastic. Thank you

Back