Graphic and CTD problems with F1 Mods

Badileus

Hi,

i hope you can help me. After 7 years i installed rfactor again, back then it worked well with my old PC and a F1 Mod (i think it was F1 CTDP 2005). Now with my much better PC (Intel i7 2600 3,4 GHz; Win 7 64; Nvidia GTX 580 with 1,5 GB; Driver 344.65) i tried a newer Mod: F1 2014 by Patrick34 (normal and Single Player Version).
First it seemed OK, but when i try to increase the number of opponents higher than 15, i get aborted graphics and sound of some cars when i switch through them at the monitor, and heavy stuttering, sometimes there is only grey. Esp. when i set the number even higher, the game crashes to desktop without error message when i load a track or when i click on "Garage" or "Settings" or other buttons in the monitor. The same with another Mod (WCP 2014).

Is my graphic card too weak? Or are there special settings which cause these problems? I tried some ingame settings (AA, DirectX 9/Auto...), but no difference. I have no performance problems with any other (even new) games with my PC.

Thanks for advice.

Try CTDP 2005 or 2006 and see how it benchmarks. It could be the mod is very demanding graphically and your system runs out of memory.

I found a solution, for rfactor veterans maybe obvious, but I had to do some research to find it:

-Installed 4GB Patch to get more of my 8 GB system memory for rfactor
-changed some settings in the config.ini, which were wrong (because the rfconfig.exe seems to have problems with Win 7): SystemRAM, VideoRAM, Object- and Texturedetails
-using the d3d9.dll from Wombat against stuttering

Now it runs smooth even with more AI Cars and higher settings.

Back