Graphic hesitation in Rfactor

smbrm

I seem to have a reoccurring problem with a hesitation in the graphics in Rfactor:confused:. On every track on ever lap there is one spot where the graphics momentarily hesitates. It occurs in the same spot every lap. It doesn't seem to affect lap times, except that it momentarily unsights the driver which means that when the hesitation is over you may not be exactly where you think you want to be.

I have consulted with others who say they do not see this issue, so there is something I have that causes it and therefore I should be able to eliminate it if I knew what to adjust?

Question is has anyone else ever experienced this and where should I be looking to make adjustments to eliminate? Do you think it is something internal to the game graphics setup or something external?

Hope someone can provide some ideas?:)

This isn't that uncommon at all. There are several things you can do to reduce it. First, make sure you don't have any unnecessary background tasks. If you have a dual core CPU then add +fullproc to the end of your rFactor command line. Another thing that helps is to put a limit on rFactor's framerate. You can do this two ways. One is to turn on VSync which I wouldn't suggest because it causes input lag. The other option is "Max Framerate=60" in you PLR file. Most LCD monitors run at 60hz so anything over 60fps is sort of a waste and just adds more load to your CPU leaving less headroom for background tasks. The last thing I suggest is Googleing "wombat dll". This dll was made to improve FPS on Nvidia cards but it also works on ATI cards.

This isn't that uncommon at all. There are several things you can do to reduce it. First, make sure you don't have any unnecessary background tasks. If you have a dual core CPU then add +fullproc to the end of your rFactor command line. Another thing that helps is to put a limit on rFactor's framerate. You can do this two ways. One is to turn on VSync which I wouldn't suggest because it causes input lag. The other option is "Max Framerate=60" in you PLR file. Most LCD monitors run at 60hz so anything over 60fps is sort of a waste and just adds more load to your CPU leaving less headroom for background tasks. The last thing I suggest is Googleing "wombat dll". This dll was made to improve FPS on Nvidia cards but it also works on ATI cards.

Turning off virus scan real time scanning fixed it!

Thanks

This worked for me: in your plr file

Record To Memory="1" // record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for

Back