Hard drive transplant to new PC. Reinstall and reactivate needed?

rsr427

I currently have XP and rF1 installed on a WD Raptor HDD. I'm building a new PC running that will have W7 on a SSD, but I wanted to swap over the Raptor and run some games off of it. I don't intend on using the XP install on the Raptor, I want it to be a W7 machine only.

Will the rF install on the Raptor work if I install it as a data drive on the new PC and click rfactor.exe? I'd like to avoid having to go through the unlock process. I don't think it will go smoothly.

Thanks, Ryan

You don't have to reinstall rFactor. You can simply move the drive and then run rFactor.exe as admin. But you will have to reactivate. The process is easy though.

I recently went through this process and had problems reactivating. If I recall it would bring up a blank window. I tried all the stuff that worked in the past (changing dates ect, ect) but nothing worked. I finally just created a new rF Lite install and it activated just fine. Once one install is activated and the TryMedia licence is installed, every rFactor install will work. So I just deleted that rF Lite install and went back to the old one.

Last edited:

Back