Having a problem reactivating rfactor after a windows failure.

smbrm

I recently had to reload windows to a new hard drive.

when I tried to use my rfactor which was safely on another drive, it won't run, looking for a .dll file

So I reload a new instance of rfactor 1150 from my CD.

This of course needs reactivation.

I tried copying the old licence files into the proper place. When I try to start any rfactor it tries to reactive, but gives the following reply:

We're sorry, the web address you entered is not a functioning page on our website.

It appears that you bookmarked this page and you are now trying to recall it. The page can only be entered from the software from which you originally bookmarked it. please relaunch the software and launch from there.

If you never bookmarked this page, please contact customer support. Customer support in this case appears to be trymedia, however they state that they do not support retail versions? I have contacted them, however.

Just wondering if anyone has any other ideas on how to proceed to fix this?

Thanks

What version of windows? If it is Vista/Win7/Win8, you need to install DX9. That may be the DLL it said was missing. Other things to check are the system date (Including AM/PM) and timezone. If you are running Vista/Win7/Win8 then be sure to run as admin or disable UAC.

Noel, I managed to get it going finally. I had to load 1150 and put in the account code, then update to 1250 and then update to 1255 and put in the account code again! Then all my old rfactors worked as well, or at least they appear to be!

Thanks

Back