Having trouble getting started

john261

HI all, I am having lots of trouble getting started. I have downloaded RFactor, and tried to download Bathurst track etc. When I go into R Factor, the track and cars are there, but I don't seem to be able to get to use them. I select one of the tracks, and when select race, it always takes me back to Orchard Lake Track. I am also constantly getting messages telling with that RFactor has stopped working. Any ideas?

Sounds like you may only have part of the mod/track installed. I will have a couple of guesses here if you don't mind, it sounds like you are trying to install the V8 mod? Or are you just trying to install Bathurst itself? It might pay to check exactly what you have downloaded to make sure it is a full install of the series and not just an update/patch. It is quite easy to get caught out like this, plenty of people have. :) I would be more than happy to help sort it all out with you, I am only guessing at the problem right now. Hope we can get you up and running asap, quite happy to PM detailed instructions for installing mods and tracks etc if needed.

Thanks, that would be great. I have finally gotten the track to work. Think I downloaded the Bathurst V1.3, but just couldn't get it to load. Car are still the old 2006/7 series. Is there a good way to update to more modern V8 supercar styles?

Not sure on that one, not a follower of the real series so not up to speed on which is the latest V8 mod. If I recall there are a couple of different versions of the series done by mod teams, a quick google search along the lines of V8 supercars mod for rFactor or similar should produce some results.

Back