Help for a newbie...

Squiffy

Hi everyone...

I am an old duffer who is not tech savvy. I have got myself a 'rig' (?) running Rfactor 1 (base install with startup circuits and cars). All going OK but...

I want to use it to help with circuit familiarity with a car that is similar to my own. Circuits so far have not been a problem. However cars seem to be more problematic! Everytime I try to load a mod which has cars of the sort I drive (Touring Car) I get something entirely different which blocks me from either using the car I want or the tracks I want - aaargh! Basically I cant seem to do what I want!

Is there any guidance on how to do this stuff that is numpty-proof a sort of Rfactor 1 for dummies?

Thanks in anticip....

SQ

In rFactor 1 you only have to select the series you want to run. The series defines the cars which are available.
And after that you should be able to select any track you have installed.
If you want to run cars from different mods/series against each other you have to install the all vehicles mod...

Thanks for the advice but it doesn't quite help - for some reason I get a message saying something like 'car cannot be raced at this circuit' or the cars I have uploaded do not appear in the list even with all tracks and cars... I am getting SOOOOOO confused and frustrated - feel like lobbing the whole lot out the window!!

Grump fest....

I think mod-select can be overlooked in the sense that you think you selected it, but you didn't. gotta make sure its actually selected (mod first then car)
possibly buy them as well. if you don't have enough cash, you can use the money cheat in the chat window: ISI_BABYFACTORY

Its also possible you installed the mod wrong. you say 'uploaded' but I think you mean installed. You need to double check if a mod is installed, and if its installed in the correct way.
http://legends-league.com/wiki/RFactor
and this post:
https://community.racesimcentral.ne...er-load-tracks?p=347674&viewfull=1#post347674

Don't worry Squiffy, you're not alone, we have all been there. its most likely the initial 'getting to know rf' , once you know the logic behind installing and proper locations, it will be much smoother in the future. But its a b*tch to get to know rf :)

And yes, tell us what mod you are working with.

Back