HELP! joined timed out

andyj

ok, so im just trying to race in a server and when i try and load the game it gives me joined timed out i have the track and it is unlocked please help thanks andy

Normally this means you typed the wrong password. Even rF2 gives this misleading message on a bad password. On the latest build of rF2 they finally improved on this message.

Double check that you have the right password. If that isn't it then it could be that the server is hung up or the server admin hasn't properly opened up all the necessary ports on their firewall/router.

so the server is not password protected its open i have fellow buddies that can get in and i cannnot and o only have one car and same track

Did you try to join by using the server-IP/Port of the dedicated server (click the blue field with a + at the serverlist screen)?

so the server is not password protected its open i have fellow buddies that can get in and i cannnot and o only have one car and same track

This isn't your own server running on your local network is it? If so you have to change it to LAN refresh.

Back