Help make my track better...please

TwoHardCore

Okay folks,

I've created what I think is a very good track layout that is loads of fun to drive with several car types (street, GT, hot-rod, formula). But there are a few things that other people (provided anyone has driven it) will say will be needed. It's a very simple (like me) track with no frills.

I use Bob's Track Builder to make tracks but I do not have 3dSimEd to be able to convert it and do things with this file in 3ds Max 2016, so all work will have to be done in BTB as far as I know...?

I'm wondering how or if I can make a tire-wall bouncy and not like a concrete wall.

Also wondering if there is a way to stop certain cameras from stealing focus. This was a big PITA for me to make cameras for this track and some camera angles look funny as I had to put cameras in places I'd never have put them.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in passing along some knowledge/advice/suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Here's the track I've been writing about:

Preeceville Pines by TwoHardCore [MediaFire ~ 22.5 MB]

And this thread is a [WIP] but I've released it so I wasn't sure how to "prefix" the post. Apologies if I erred.

Okay folks,

I've created what I think is a very good track layout that is loads of fun to drive with several car types (street, GT, hot-rod, formula). But there are a few things that other people (provided anyone has driven it) will say will be needed. It's a very simple (like me) track with no frills.

I use Bob's Track Builder to make tracks but I do not have 3dSimEd to be able to convert it and do things with this file in 3ds Max 2016, so all work will have to be done in BTB as far as I know...?

I'm wondering how or if I can make a tire-wall bouncy and not like a concrete wall.

Also wondering if there is a way to stop certain cameras from stealing focus. This was a big PITA for me to make cameras for this track and some camera angles look funny as I had to put cameras in places I'd never have put them.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in passing along some knowledge/advice/suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

Here's the track I've been writing about:

Preeceville Pines by TwoHardCore [MediaFire ~ 22.5 MB]

And this thread is a [WIP] but I've released it so I wasn't sure how to "prefix" the post. Apologies if I erred.

If your going to build with BTB you need to complete your tool set. You will need Photoshop or gimp, or anything that can open .dds files. 3dsimed is a must spend the cash or you are going to keep making sub par tracks. Sketchup you can make your own objects and either create xpacks or if you have 3dsimed import directly into you track. To fix your camera issue, you will need the dev pack for rf1 so you can use the cam editor. You also need the dev pack to fix you aiw file that BTB makes. its a good start with BTB but you need those tools. Your terrain mesh is messy, you have a ton of unnecessary verts. Get 3dsimed open a track like mosport, or any Virtual LM track and look at the wire frame to get a good understanding of what your mesh should look like. Watch the BTB videos, they have all kinds of cool tricks. also look over this http://simtrackipedia.wikidot.com/home very helpful. Watch the video on how to merge tracks. Just keep searching for stuff on google. After 3 years of track building its finally all starting to come together for me.

Back