HELP Player Profile Screen

Jarr22

When I try to start up rFactor 1 (which I just purchased so there are no mods, saves, etc.) it takes me to the opening screen to enter my player information. When I enter all of my info and click accept, nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, it just clicks accept and won't move on. For just a split second it shows a menu where you can select cars and track but immediately goes back the the player profile screen. Any help would be great.
Jarrett

make sure you are running it as administrator. If you are, try reinstalling

Good Luck!!

Thanks davidde I am running as administrator and I tried reinstalling but the same thing keeps happening. Any other suggestions?

Wierd stuff, couple of things i would try:
Make sure there are no other controllers plugged in appart from the wheel.
If you go to the main rf folder, click on rf config.exe, see if settings are correct. i would set to DX7 and then open rfactor and create a new profile. see what happens.

Re-installing rfactor, did you use the same rf file? because if the download was corrupted it wont matter how many times you re-install. i would simply re-download rfactor and see if that brings you something.

Thanks Denstjiro but changing to DX7 didn't help the issue. Also I did redownload rFactor before reinstalling. This seems like such an odd thing, I'm lost haha

Clearly something is preventing rfactor from getting past the player profile screen. Determining what this is will be a process of elimination.

The most common source of not getting past the player profile screen is antivirus/firewall software. Make sure you add rfactor to your AV ignore list (see its documentation for details) and your firewall allowed list. Failing that, try disabling it (but try adding rfactor to the list first since some AV's/FW's still block this process even when disabled). Failing that, I'd try uninstalling your AV then try running rfactor and see if the AV is in fact the source of the issue (this will at least eliminate it as the source).

As noted in the rfactor readme.chm, some software may prevent rfactor from running properly. In particular, VET antivirus may cause the startup process to seem like it is locked up or doing nothing (you can try waiting a long time to see if it eventually allows rfactor to get past that point). I don't know what updates for VET have been released or if VET has resolved this issue, but if not you may have to uninstall it to stop it from interfering with rfactor. There have been other software programs noted for preventing rfactor from running correctly, but I don't remember all of them now (I think npad was one of them but I don't remember what effect it had on rfactor exactly). So you might try running a more basic system startup using msconfig and see which software may be causing an issue.

Another possibility is that rfactor can't write to the player file for some reason. Make sure rfactor has the access rights it requires and that there are no hard drive issues (try running Windows check disk... see "Check your hard disk for errors" in your Windows help section).

Make sure you aren't running under emulation (on a Mac, or emulating anything with daemon tools for example).

Without knowing your system specs and what security (and other) software you have installed, it's hard to provide specific advice on what to check.

Back