help

RacingDude123

okay, I have rFactor downlaoded and when I click on the icon to run it my computer sounds like its trying to run the game but nothing happens. I went over all the troubleshooting steps in another thread as well.

Something on your system is preventing rfactor from running. This is typically due to antivirus/firewall software. Make sure you add rfactor folder to the antivirus exclusion list and your firewall allowed list (you may have to run rfactor in windowed mode to see the firewall dialog box).

Your system specs would be helpful too.

do you get the black box when you first start rfactor or nothing at all ?

I get nothing at all and it is on my exclusions list on my anti virus and firewall

What are your system specs?

What antivirus/firewall software are you using?

To eliminate the possibility that it is a damaged disc, you might consider downloading and installing the rfactor 1255 digital download version from the downloads page of rfactor.net and try running the demo version. If it works, then it may be an issue with your disc. If not, then something else on your system is blocking rfactor from running.

I am using Avast Anti-virus
I have a AMD V120 Processor 2.20 GHZ, 2.00 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system, and the computer is a Presario CQ62 Notebook PC

I downloaded the demo and it worked just fine so i guess it is something wrong with my disk :(

Given you have an AMD CPU, what Max suggests is likely your problem. You don't have to reinstall rfactor from your DVD, just install the DVD update and you should be good to go.

it is saying error when i go to download the patch, something about binkw32.ddl isnt downloaded and mss32.ddl

Last edited:
Make sure you have administrator access (right-click and select "Run As Administrator...") then reinstall from the DVD to ensure there are no files missing. When you install rfactor and you are prompted to update directx, select YES (even if you have the latest version). Then apply the DVD patch.

Back