help

briangoodiel

Ok i just bought rfactor the other day. Completely new to it. I also downloaded dirfactor and kartfactor. ok my problem is, when i go to test a car on a track, i click load in the bottom right hand corner and my screen goes black for a split second like its going to load, but then the whole game shuts down?? no error messages or anything, just kicks me off. Any idea here whats wrong. I would really hate to pay for a game i cant play. Thanks so much in advance

You should be troubleshooting from a clean install of rfactor without any mods installed since the mod itself (or the way it was installed) may be causing an issue.

See here for creating a clean install.

If you are running Windows 7 even if you have a administrator account (or Vista without full administrator access), make sure you right click rfactor and select "Run As Administrator..."

See how it works with a clean install and running in administrator mod before installing any mods. If there are still issues, we need to resolve those first before installing any mods. If it works fine, then install the mod and see if the issue comes back again.

Back