Help

twincamrolla

just wondering if anybody can help
I have never had a problem with rfactor since it came out
I have just updated my computer
i7 4770k
16gb ram
7970 oc edition vid card

did a fresh install and when I load a multiplayer game the track loads but no car
and no drive button.
I have done the usual thing in windows firewall and even turned off my virus protection
I have also reinstalled 3 times but still no joy

sometimes it loads the car but when I click drive it says waiting for server

Bit more information please.

Did you made a complete fresh install or copied old content from old rFactor-folder to new computer too?
Is it the same in Singleplayer-modus?
What kind of AV-Software do you use (Name, full-/free-version)?
Did you try a trace?
You say "sometimes" it loads a car...

All that sounds like something is blocking your rfactor-internet-access.

If you use a free-version of Avira, Antivir, Bitdefender......please try the following:

UNINSTALL!!! it, NOT just disactivate. Really UNINSTALL!!!

Then reboot and try again.
If you are afraid of running your machine without AV, just don't open a browser as long it is uninstalled.

Bit more information please.

Did you made a complete fresh install or copied old content from old rFactor-folder to new computer too?
Is it the same in Singleplayer-modus?
What kind of AV-Software do you use (Name, full-/free-version)?
Did you try a trace?
You say "sometimes" it loads a car...

All that sounds like something is blocking your rfactor-internet-access.

If you use a free-version of Avira, Antivir, Bitdefender......please try the following:

UNINSTALL!!! it, NOT just disactivate. Really UNINSTALL!!!

Then reboot and try again.
If you are afraid of running your machine without AV, just don't open a browser as long it is uninstalled.

complete reinstall and reactivated on a formatted hd. single player works fine.
avg free version which I have always used and never had a problem with. I have tried uninstalling it and rfactor still does the same thing. what do you mean by trace?
thanks.

You need a Shortcut (if you don't have one, create one) with that you start the game.
Rightclick on it and choose properties.
You see a line like "target" where the location of the rfactor.exe is set.
At the end of this path write " -trace=30"
Attention there must be a space in front of the -.
Then safe the changing and start the game over this shortcut.
Now proceed to your problem and close the game again.

Now you'll find a file "trace.txt" in your ../UserData/LOG folder.
Open it and maybe you find something in it what helps you to find out what the problem is.

BUT, sorry that i have to ask...did you REALLY uninstall your AV freeware?
Believe me, just deactivating is uselessly!!!

If you really uninstalled it, set the rfactor.exe in this software and in the windows firewall, if it's active too, as "access to internet granted".

If the firewall is blocking his access with rf then he wont even be able to join a server, which he can? wont even load the lobby I think.

I'm not saying AV isn't the problem but it doesn't have to be, many people use it without issues but you do have to double check in the program if its messing with rf. (or alt+tab out rf and see is something has popped up telling you whats what)

Did you try different servers Twin? Encase you didn't, you should, it could be just the one server you keep trying to connect to.

Last edited:
yeah I have tried all that but cant tell what the trace log is saying.
I have tried different servers and its still the same.

ok I have fixed it. this motherboard comes with a network manager in its drivers. had to change priorities for rfactor. thanks for your help guys

Back