Hey all. New to rfactor 1

Nhra Racer

Just bought rfactor. Already have rfactor 2 and love it. How do you get reverse ffb? My Club Sport wheel feels very odd like it's trying to turn istself and figured it was due to needing reverse ffb. I can't find and in game toggle. Any help greatly appreciated. Also any good mods i should know of?

The "reverse-ffb" you can set in Customize/Settings/Controls at the FFB-tab. Set the Force Feedback Strength to a negative value.

And the mods... depends on what you prefer....look HERE or HERE

Thanks guys. I was wondering if going negative would reverse the ffb. I thought i heard somewhere about a nastalgia road race mod? Also....when i find some mods i like, is the process for installing different then rf2? Thanks

Last edited:
check the 2nd link I posted for installing stuff. yes its different, its manually :)

Tracks go into Locations but Mods distribute into multiple folders, not just into vehicles.

It depends a bit on how they zipped a mod or track. you can view a zipfile without opening it and if it has folders like Gamedata, rfm, UIData etc you know you can unzip to root (first level of the rfactor directory)
Basically the folders in a zip should mirror the folders in rfactor, then it gets placed in the correct folders.

I always check the zip first because some mods are not zipped correctly and then the contents gets distributed into the wrong folders and it doesn't work.
When in doubt, just unzip to a temp folder and manually copy the content of each folder into their mirror folders in rfactor.

Tracks is much simpler, they all just go into Locations, simple drag/drop or unzip into Locations.
One acception, some tracks are part of a pack and go inside a series-folder in Locations. (for example the GP79 mod has its own track-folder which contain a dozen tracks or so)

If there is a readme in a zip, read it :)

One little additional thing.... some track-modders put their work into the *.zip files with the whole folder-structure (GameData/Locations/[TheirWork]) so i would suggest to control all *.zip files like Denstjiro said, before extracting.

Back