How do I change when the AI turns there lights on?

Ridge

How do I change when the AI turns there lights on? It seems that it varies between the tracks. I want to change it so that the AI turn on there lights on Laguna Seca when the sun is going down over the horizon. I am changing the default track times in my mod and I want to have the AI drive with there lights on before it gets dark on Laguna Seca.

Thanks,
Ridge

I'm not sure about it, because i never had a reason to try to change it and so i didn't try to get information about it.
But maybe you can try to play around with these settings in the *.gdb file of the track (the listed lines are taken from ISI's Joesville -track):

// Time-of-day lighting
SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.5, -1.0, 11.5, 25.5)

ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0

Latitude = 0 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 11 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = March 21 // default date for the race

I'm not sure about it, because i never had a reason to try to change it and so i didn't try to get information about it.
But maybe you can try to play around with these settings in the *.gdb file of the track (the listed lines are taken from ISI's Joesville -track):

// Time-of-day lighting
SkyBlendSunAngles=(-20.5, -1.0, 11.5, 25.5)

ShadowMinSunAngle=15.0

Latitude = 0 // degs from Equator (range: -90 to 90, positive is Northern Hemisphere)
NorthDirection = 11 // the direction of North in degrees (range: 0 to 359)
RaceDate = March 21 // default date for the race

Oh no!
Don´t mess around with this!
It only has something to do with day/night transition and lighting!
Headlights will not be affected but you can mess up the day/night by doing this!

Greets
Pete

That is what i wanted to tell him, because i don't know a possibility to change the point where the AI turns the light on, you maybe can get the same effect when you change the sunrise/sunset times, by changing the shown lines.

But i am not sure if it will have the wanted effect, maybe rFactor will adapt the changing to the AI's behaviour, so that there is no effect.

Thanks for that info. That does bring up another question though. Does the date of the race actually change anything? Does it just change the temperatures of the track? I haven't found a way to change when the AI turn there headlights on. I'm guessing it must be hard coded into the game.

Back