How do you search for new maps on rfactor central

Magnussen

Hi i just want to run on the few megane servers but they have some tracks which isn't in the megane trackpack. The server runs a map chineese grandprix but when i use the search on rfactor central there is more files and tracks to choose between. Also the server has a track Varano which i can't find on rfactor central.. Well i'm not sure if it is the "Varano de'Melegari 1.10"? How do i see whether this is the right map or not and do I have to leave the server whenever there is a new map which i don't have.

Btw the "Varano de'Melegari 1.10" sends me to a link where i have to download an downloadapplication which has a virus :mad:

It is very hard to be able to play this game online and i begin to understand why there is soo many mismatch all the time when people join the server and why the player amount isn't bigger.

That's the tricky bit in rfactor1, you never know if its good enough until you join.
To make sure you have the right version the best way is to try and see if you can find that community and see if they link to the content on their site.

But googling Trackname Rfactor also will give good results.

The best way to play online is by joining a league or an open community. there's a few out there still I reckon and you don't always need to become a full member to race.
Pickup racing is decreasing I think, it will be a luck of the draw to find a server you want. Maybe host one yourself?
Also keep an eye out on the League forum, there still events announced.

thanks denstjiro for the advices :) i will do my best to get theese tracks ti be able to play on the server. Hope to see you online

Back