How to import first car in game, create basic physics and sound files (need help)

sti228

Hello community members. I want to start making my first mod for rFactor. I search information (.pdf tutorial files) on the internet and find lot of information about this but there is one big problem. All of them are absolutely useless. Some of them very old and outdated, some non finished. No one can write some complete basic tutorial about how to import first car in game and create very simple physics and sounds ? Hmm while searching i find this video tutorials. What you think it's good for beginner ? And when i finish all parts what to do then ? There is some informative video about engine sounds or physics ?

Forza to Shift Street Mod rFactor Tutorial

Last edited:
The Internet is full of information for the most needed things. Maybe you didn't use good searchterms?

And when you talk about "I want to start making my first mod for rFactor", do you mean a conversion?
I ask because of the video-link.

I would suggest to get some wheels first. :)

Seriously, you need wheels and brakes to get a car on track.
Take an original car as pattern, there you can see what files you need and how the structure is.

But you know that a car needs 4 wheels, don't you? :)

Well i'm not from Mars :) It's not possible to copy/paste this wheel ? I think, it's possible.

Just a question... If i have this 4 wheels what then ? I can't drive it anyway so no point to worry :) I have no engine sound, physics, tires, camera, rfm and other files. First import in game will be very easy if someone wrote normal tutorial for beginners but no, everyone prefer joking i suppose.

Anyway thanks for help me. Will try to find some information about simple export in modding forums.

Last edited:
You will find no tutorial from A to Z about how to get a car into the game.
Everybody who started modding had to grab everything together by himself, step by step.

And to write such a tutorial would last months. Or better said, it would last endless.
There is so much to take into account.....

But as i suggested before, the best way for a beginner is, to take an existing car, take its files, adapt them and try to get it visible in the showroom.
If that is done, you can go to the next step. And so on.

And because of the "joking"..... Without that, i guess everybody here would have given up a long time ago.. ;)

You will find no tutorial from A to Z about how to get a car into the game.
Everybody who started modding had to grab everything together by himself, step by step.
Yes, you can't and it's bad. They already live rFactor... I don't understand what is the point of it... I mean you learn start from finish car conversion process and why not share this information with others ?

And to write such a tutorial would last months. Or better said, it would last endless.

I don't think so. For example: LFS TUTORIAL How to make your own car for Live For Speed This is the basic one for beginners and it's very helpful. I start making my first mods using this tutorial :)

But as i suggested before, the best way for a beginner is, to take an existing car, take its files, adapt them and try to get it visible in the showroom.
If that is done, you can go to the next step. And so on.
I saw what you wrote. I'm not blind :D There is no other way to learn it. So i must go with this way.

Back