How to Not Own All Cars in a Mod?

deep_spacing

I have rFactor v1255c and made a separate installation for the following mods: HistorX, Endurance, Super GT, D1AS, NAGT, and Nurburgring. In each, I have something like 2 billion credits (like Goldman Sachs) and own all of the cars. I'd like to *not* own all of the cars, so I can view my garage in "Show Owned" mode and only see the few I am working on perfecting the setup of. How to do this? In D1AS, I've sold all but a handful of cars and got the desired effect, but then on restart, I once again owned everything. In my HistorX PDF it mentions changing the rfm file to set what's initially owned, but aside from thinking I should still be able to sell them, I don't want to disrupt my ability to play on-line. I've tried playing with my credits, experience, "MoneySpent", "FreeVehicle" in the corresponding UserData .cch file, but nothing seemed to eliminate my ownership of every car. I've searched plenty - must just be looking for the wrong terms. Please help.

Thanks,
Roy

Try deleting the [Vehicle] section for each vehicle you don't want in the CCH file.

In the case of my mods, the cars came back the next time the game was loaded.

I believe it's a 'feature' of 1255c. Apparently because most people just wanted to grab whatever car and drive online, it made more sense to let them do that out of the box than have to edit a .cch or do the babyfactory thing. Seems a shame it wasn't added as an option, so you could switch it off if you want to do a bit of an offline progression mode or keep track of vehicles as you are...

Back