I want to start race with one button..!

pjy015

Hi! I'm new korean gamer who started this game last week.

Now I'm setting up home car simulator (poor quality haha).

But I'm so tired of moving mouse and pushing keyboard everytime when i start race, and end race.

So i looked for hotkeys from rFactor menual, but there was no such thing... :(

If there are hotkeys or add-ons that has operational funtions('start race' , 'exit to monitor' , 'restart race' , etc)

please tell me.

Thank you for reading my poor english.

You could try programs like joy to key to eliminate some keyboard presses and assign them to a button box or switches on your wheel, but rF2 has a pretty good Ui for customising button presses anyway.

I agree, it gets old hunting down the mouse and keyboard all the time. If your in an office chair at a desk it's not that big of a deal, But if you have a full cockpit it can be sort of a pain. I got a logitech mini keyboard with built in touchpad. At least the mouse and keyboard are always together. Hahaha. I personally automate a ton of stuff with AutoHotkey. I have a G27 which has 6 buttons on the wheel. I have one of them setup as an "Alt" key. Then the other 5 buttons have two functions. One when I press the button by itself and an alternate function if I press it while holding the Alt button. AutoHotkey is very powerful if you use some creativity.

I have some sample scripts on this forum somewhere. Just search for "autohotkey". Basically you do a script like this:
Press Esc
Mouse Click on the race button

So if you're at the monitor the esc key is ignored and then it clicks race. If you are on the track and hit the hotkey it will it esc which puts it back to the monitor and then clicks race. So it's a dual purpose hotkey.

yeah.. I'm in situation exactly what you said.
I made cockpit and using BT keyboard but.. As you said it's kind of tired thing.
I'm looking for add-on that can make mouseless, keyboard rFactor..!
It's kind of dreaming i know.. but i'm still looking out for solution.

Directly, My purpose is mouseless & keyboardless rFactor by only using Racing devices..!(It sounds crazy even though i wrote..)

I would like to see the whole UI be controllable with just a keyboard.

Back