I'm Putting Together a Full Modding Guide for rFactor

Peter Read

Hello everyone.

As the title would suggest I am putting together a full complete modding guide to rFactor.

This includes best practices for modelling, texturing, process of getting cars from a modelling program to 3DSimEd and then putting them into the game.

I know the software is a bit old and it's probably a bit too late to be writing one up but I see rFactor as an extremely flexible platform for beginners in 3D modelling and artists.

I'm sure this forum is filled with information but being able to locate it all in one place is very time heavy. There are lots of great members with heaps of experience and knowledge that make this forum great.

I would love if you guys could leave a reply with any tips tricks or optimisations you have found when creating a vehicle or track. Whether that be on the modelling/texturing side of things or the in-game coding with the car files. Anything that would help me make the modding guide a more useful resource for beginner modders. Whether it be diagrams, screenshots, written up tutorials or whatever, I would love to have a look and be able to add it to the guide.

Also if anyone reading this post would also like to pass this onto anyone that they know would be able to contribute would be fantastic. Hopefully I can finish the guide within a month or so and can be a extremely helpful reference for the whole community. Thanks

Great intend, but i fear you'll never get it "completed".

Look into the forum and see the hundred + kinds of different problems/questions/....., in my eyes it is almost impossible to create such a guide. I think its easier to post and get help here in the forum.

And the search-function isn't that bad ;)

Back