In desperate need of help

Jack Buzzard

hello. I recently activated a trial license of the Rfactor Lite version, as i am going to use MODS on it, and dont need the full version. I installed it correctly, but when i click the rfactor icon on the desktop, Nothing happens, As there is no LOG file in the directory, i couldnt solve this one myself, I also clicked the Rfactor.exe in the directory to see if it was a shortcut problem, but nothing. Please help.

It does minimize to the taskbar on starting up with me, I just click on it after a moment and up she pops.

hello. I recently activated a trial license of the Rfactor Lite version, as i am going to use MODS on it, and dont need the full version. I installed it correctly, but when i click the rfactor icon on the desktop, Nothing happens, As there is no LOG file in the directory, i couldnt solve this one myself, I also clicked the Rfactor.exe in the directory to see if it was a shortcut problem, but nothing. Please help.

When you say "nothing happens", you mean rFactor doesn't even try to start? Double click the rF icon and nothing at all happen?

What's you OS?

What version of rF do you have? You need to have 1255c now. You can get it http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/downloads/ if you didn't already.

If your installing to Win7 the license folder may not be installed to the correct folder. This should install to your name/AppData/Roaming/.Factor/rFactor1
rF1 was pathed to ProgramData for WinXP. With Win7 rF should be installed to ProgramFiles(x86) default from exe install. Personally I have my installs outside any Win7 Program folders. Like this, C:/AllrFactor/here I have 4 files named differently,/rFactor.
Doing this stops the permission crap you have to deal with, with Win7 but for now you just want to get it working so follow the default install.
Cause it's up to you and others would say they don't have any issue but for me, I prefer to use the full install, not lite.

Being rF1 it will run in DX7, DX8 and DX9. Being set to DX7 would not stop it from starting up. It's not rF2.

It does minimize to the taskbar on starting up with me, I just click on it after a moment and up she pops.
I have this issue with rF2 from time to time but not rF1. It's never been a problem.

Being rF1 it will run in DX7, DX8 and DX9. Being set to DX7 would not stop it from starting up. It's not rF2.

I have this issue with rF2 from time to time but not rF1. It's never been a problem.
rF2 doesn't have a DX7 or DX8 option. How do you have that problem with rF2?

Yes, it does cause it (rF1) to not start up sometimes, including on my Windows 7 system, which is why I suggested it. :)

rF2 doesn't have a DX7 or DX8 option. How do you have that problem with rF2?

The 'problem' he's replied to there is "It does minimize to the taskbar on starting up with me, I just click on it after a moment and up she pops.", not something DX related.

Reading a bit quick there Tim ;)

I'm running windows 8, I didnt check if it was compatible, but my friend has it and it runs fine, The only thing i can think of is, I have the Intel HD GPU. Maybe rfactor saw that i had that and didnt even bother loading? And it doesnt minimize, it doesnt even try to start. When i open the task manager it seems to run svchost.exe?

I had the 1255 version, I am now downloading the 1255c, Ill update this when it finishes

Id like to thank you all for your help, I Installed 1255c and it worked.. perfectly. thank you

Back