Incorrect location

bulletman04

Hi,
So i've created my track and i have imported it into rfactor and managed to get it to load. Now my problem is i spawn in the middle of the circuits infield area (which is ok, i'm guessing this is 0,0,0 grid point from 3ds max:
1. When i try to get onto the track surface the car looks like it is falling over an edge and then re-spawns me where i began in the middle of the infield.

2. Also a few of the curbs seem to be in the wrong position running through the infield. (i created them by making a plane, adding materials and then adding a path deform modifier)

3. One last thing is all the textures seem to look nothing like they did when rendered in 3ds max, i'm guessing if i just play with the Xform and mapping i can solve the texture issues. Any idea why my curbs are in the wrong place and i cannot drive onto the track surface?

attached are some pictures showing my problems in Gmotor viewer.

any help would be very much appreciated

View attachment 11889

View attachment 11890

I only can answer question 1, because to answer the others, i would need all files here :).

To question 1:

You have to set all objects you want to drive on as: CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowReceiver=True
(Shadowreceiver only when you want to have shadows on the ground :)) in the *.scn file.

AND all Materials that the parts you want to drive on have, have to be defined in the *.tdf file of the track.

If that is done you should be able to drive on it.

incorrect location

thanks for the response. So i have attached a copy of my max file (2010) anything else you need let me know...

i have also quickly constructed another version of the track today, changed all the textures, now the road is fine, the grass is fine but the gravel edges to the track still let me fall into them. After some playing around i found that when use a particular texture on the track edges then i fall through them, however if i change it to my grass texture is seems to let me drive on it fine. strange...

If you could explain why that maybe and also assist me with why my curbs are not in the correct positions on my track (the attached max file) it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Unfortunately i can't open the file, because i only have 3DSMax 2009 and it sems not to be able to open files from higher versions. :(

Can you upload the rFactor-format version?
You can send the link by PM, if you don't want to make it public.

Best would be to include all files, like *.gmt, textures, *.tdf, *.scn*, *.gdb.... that you use in rFactor.

To see if you can open a MAX file from my Version, i attach a file with some parts of the ISI Joesville Track.

View attachment 11907

Back