iRacing Vs rFactor - Legends cars @ Laguna Seca

ZeosPantera

I have been wondering the differences in lighting more then anything with iRacing over rFactor so I borrowed my friends account for testing. I am sure the windshield in the rFactor version has affected the color as it seems awfully dull. I also mistakenly removed ALL head movement from rFactor when I should have left some. Used the stock iRacing cockpit view with the FOV on at its lowest single screen setting (45 H) so to match I set rFactor's FOV to 28 Vertical dictated by my 16:10 screen. Math is fun. Also I set rFactor to 12 noon but the sun seems to be in a different position than iRacing. Not sure of the time in there.

I recorded the iRacing version first and played the lap back on my 9" netbook. I eventually figured out to wait 5 seconds after the ir video to try and copy it. What a pain!

Some snaps of the Vid

2011-02-17_045401.jpg

iRacingVsrFactor-LegendsLagunaSecaavi_snapshot_0225_20110217_045525.jpg

It's not only about rF and scene lighting (in gdb), but also how textures are prepared (brightness and saturation). But it's true that in iRacing you see and feel that you are racing during bright sunny day. In rF it's more like overcast.

rf released in 2005
ir released in 2008 (i think)

way to go rf!!
freak4.gif

Back