Irritating Video in Showroom

Archie

I have rFactor 1.255G and installed the F1LR CLub VCR 2013 mod and for some reason they want to put that irritating video in the back ground. Will someone tutor me how to turn that annoyance off?

Just go into the \rFactor\MovieFiles folder and remove it. I clean that whole folder out time to time. I don't need any mods fancy intro videos.

EDIT. If you want to be super anal you can have it not modify the default UI at all by editing the mods RFM file and comment slashing out that particular over override line. BUT that will give a missmatch on multiplayer servers.

The video I am talking about is behind the spinning car on the first menu screen. Is that video in the mod movies folder?

Edit; I found it it is in showroom.mas. VIDEO.BIK. OK. Now, I can delete it out of that mas file but what do I need to edit so I wont get errors?

Last edited:
If it is in the showroom.mas, you can take these two files from e.g. the default showroom:
showroom.mas
Vview.scn

rename it (if necessary) matching the files from the F1LR CLub and copy it into the folder where the showroom files from the F1LR CLub are.

If it is in the showroom.mas, you can take these two files from e.g. the default showroom:
showroom.mas
Vview.scn

rename it (if necessary) matching the files from the F1LR CLub and copy it into the folder where the showroom files from the F1LR CLub are.

I do not see any video.bik in the default showroom.mas. I just want to comment out the reference to VIDEO.bik somehwere so I wont get the error loading VIDEO message loading the showroom, or make the mod showroom work with default just showing the spinning car. Somehow I think this is more work lol.

Maybe i understand you wrong.....try this:
Download THIS file and put it into the folder:
..\GameData\Vehicles\F1LRCLUB2013

Back